“A must try Belfast restaurant!! ”
Review of Bubbacue

Bubbacue
Ranked #100 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Slow & Smokey American style fast casual BBQ restaurant.
“A must try Belfast restaurant!! ”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We visited Saturday the 29th of March before the opera house! First timers!! And can say we will be back very soon! My partner had the brisket platter with the best mac & cheese I've ever eaten! I had the pulled pork sandwich & have to say best I've had in Belfast! The friendly staff & busy atmosphere are testimony to a fabulous restaurant & one I think we shall become regulars off! The homemade lemonade & half bucket of barbecue wings are a must!! Well done Guys....:-)

Belfast, United Kingdom
“lovely food esp burnt ends!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been to Bubbacue a lot and I really love the food. It's a pity the burnt ends are so often sold out, but testimony to how good they are. Every time I visit however, I can't help but feel the customer service could be friendlier.

• Visited February 2014
“Better than you think.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Was out in town hadn't decided where to go or made any reservations so we stopped at Bubbacue. The queue was long which put me off at first and when I read "sandwich" I was getting a bit disappointed thinking this wasn't going to fill me or be worth it. I was so wrong.
Your order is taken pretty fast, queue moves fast so wouldn't worry about that either and you are directed to a seat. The food you ordered arrives super quick too and it was NOT what I expected. Very big portions and for a very low price! I honestly love this place, its fun, quirky and the food is amazing and you will not leave still a bit hungry. Definitely worth going to, especially if you're on a budget! :)

• Visited February 2014
Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland
“Mmmmmm! BBQ!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was told about this place by a friend who arranged to meet me the following day for lunch. You can also tell that a place is popular if there is a queue to get in moments after they open for the day. Once in, service at the counter was very quick and the food delivered to our table moments after we sat down. The pulled pork sandwich was very good and there were a choice of BBQ sauces at each table. Also, the old-fashioned Lemonade was really nice, although not cheap. I'll go again next time I visit Belfast.

• Visited March 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Decent enough but expected a tad better.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ate here with work colleagues on Thursday past and although I was looking forward to it, it didn't quite live up to its promise. Firstly, I don't tend to carry too much cash around with me, so I was quite stunned when informed that I had to pay cash. No major biggie; I went out and used the cash point over the road. The food came and was served in a little dish with the fries on top of a paper sheet. This meant that they became very cool soon after I began my meal. The bap for the pulled pork was also cold - think it might have been a good idea to have it a little heated...think it would have been nicer if like that. Drinks were expensive for what they were - poured out of a container in front of my eyes....thought that was a little bizarre. Think they are striving for this quirky look/feel, but don't think they are quite pulling it off. Taste-wise, it isn't bad but then again it is simple food we are dealing with here. Have had to mark down for the coolness of the food, which was the main disappointment...

• Visited March 2014
John B, Owner at Bubbacue, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hi Jonny,
Thanks very much for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in Bubbacue. First of all, we operate a cash only policy to speed up the queue, as especially during peak times things can get very busy and card transactions only serve to slow things down, hopefully you can understand. The temperature of your food is a concern for us, as we measure the temperature of all the food being held in the serving well to comply with our very strict health and safety rules. If you could send an email to emma@bubbacue.com with more details of when you were in, we could look into this and ensure it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately we can't heat the baps as we don't have the kitchen facilities to do this on the scale we would require at peak times, although this would be a nice idea. We make our ice tea/lemonade etc fresh everyday with fresh ingredients, this is why they are poured out of a jug. Hopefully this helps to explain a little, if we could speak to you more about this, it would be great to hear from you via email.
Cheers,