“Went here for the Chicken Wings and wasn't disappointed.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bubbacue

Bubbacue
Ranked #96 of 1,041 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Slow & Smokey American style fast casual BBQ restaurant.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Went here for the Chicken Wings and wasn't disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I saw this queues outside this place and eventually got around to trying it a few weeks ago. I had heard they did chicken wings with PROPER buffalo sauce so that was what i ordered and they were excellent!

We queued for 10 mins and then found our seats. This is fast food so don't expect excellent service, that said the young waitresses, were all friendly enough. My bf got the pulled pork sandwhich which he ordered with a side of Mac n Cheese which i thought was delish if a little too creamy.

The chicken wing sauce was very tasty and super spicy. Delighted to have found proper NY style chicken wings at last in Belfast.

lisburn
“its a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went here today with a friend for lunch as a bit of a treat and a chance to catch up with a friend. Work colleagues had visited last week and had heard nothing but good things however I was prewarned of a few tips which did help!
1. be prepared to queue (its worth the effort)
2. Take a jacket incase the only seat you can get is by the door
3. be prepared to be completely stuff with their over generous portions.
With all that in mind our experience has to be the best lunch we have had in Belfast in quite some time. This is quite the compliment, as with working directly in the centre of the city I have tried many different eateries.
Yes there was a queue when we arrived at 12.45pm but we found the queue to be quite fast and were sitted and ordered within a matter of 5 minutes. The menu is fairly striaght forward with only a few options but trust me you dont need hundreds of different dishes anyway! We both ordered the pulled pork sandwich with chips and found the price to be very reasonable too!
Lunch was served to us in great time and came in great casserole style dishes / tins which just added to the experience. We also enjoyed all the different sauces left at the table for you to try of which my friend tried a bit of them all and loved each one!
Trying to behave I only ate half of what was given and asked a young waitress to bag the rest up which they were happy to do (was planning on having the rest for dinner!) I was a little disappointed when I returned to work for my late shift to find only the burger bap with some of the pork there none of the huge chunks of pork still on the plate or the chips which I had left which was the only negative, after all Ive never known anyother restaurant to offer a takeaway bag and only give you "half" of the leftovers. (oh well less calories consumed!)

Lond story short, would I return? Absolutely! Infact I was sad to read its only got a 3 month lease and really do hope they extend this as it is very popular with a constant queue beyond the front door.
Tips - Ive been warned Friday is their busiest time so if you do plan on going allow extra time!

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went there for a quick lunch, the pulled pork sandwhich is a must. the fries are home made and tbh i could go again if it wasnt for me watching my waistline. Got time in belfast??? Go there

“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Visited this place on the basis of our huge love for boojum, was expecting a lot more. The meat itself was very tasty, in fact probably the nicest ribs ive ever had, but what was hugely disappointing was the side dishes, the Mac and cheese was bland and tasteless, as was the corn bread. The coleslaw on appearance looks like a US style coleslaw, unfortunately the taste was far from great. The French fries were cold and looked like the remains from the bottom of the pan. Hugely disappointed and won't be returning anytime soon! However cannot rate boojum highly enough.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Crytob
Northern Ireland
“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended and I was really pleased to try it out for myself.
I went with the husband and I had the beef brisket platter while he had the pulled pork platter. Both arrived with a lovely coleslaw (which I normally hate, no thick dollop of cream here) fries, cornbread and creamed spinach. Instead of the creamed spinach the husband had beans. Thoroughly recommend the lemonade too.
Was very disappointed that I couldn't finish the meal but it was extremely tasty. If you are going for lunch get there early as the queue can get long very quickly but it really is worth the wait.
Also, do try all four of the sauces.....the Memphis was my favourite.