“Great food, expensive meal”
Review of Coppi Restaurant

Coppi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Coppi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,129 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coppi, located in the heart of the buzzing Cathedral Quarter, is Belfast’s first cichetti bacari/restaurant inspired by those found in Venice and named after cycling legend Angelo Fausto Coppi. Coppi has proved to be hugely popular since opening in 2012 and offers a great selection of Italian and Mediterranean cuisine served in the coolest of surroundings. We serve a range of cichetti (Italian style tapas) starters, main courses, pizzette and homemade pasta and desserts freshly made in the restaurant every day. Our bar area which offers counter and high rise seating is perfect for a light lunch or a casual evening meal, whilst the spacious restaurant area is able to cope with parties of all sizes. The restaurant also boasts an outdoor seating area for those sunny days. With an extensive and quirky wine list, Italian and local beers, and a stunning selection of cocktails Coppi is the perfect spot for a night out! Vegan menus, Sunday sharing roasts and 3-7-3 lunch menus available!
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently eat in Coppi and I must admit that the standard of the food was excellent - the new menu gives lots of choice, however this comes at a price. All portions are very small and relatively expensive.

Really good atmosphere and good service.

If I was to go back I would consider going for lunch rather than dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed everything about my meal in coppi. We shared some of the tapas to start which were very tasty. My garlic chicken and tiramisu were really beautiful. One criticism was that the Parmesan rosemary fries had absolutely no rosemary in them. Service was great . I would return

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Came here last night with my sister and boyfriend. Great first impressions, front of house staff were very bubbly and friendly. We were a bit early so waited for our table in the spacious and well stocked bar. Menu is very interesting and modern, not your traditional italian pizza/pasta fare. The cichetti are a lovely touch- italian style tapas, great value at 8 quid for 5. We shared 8 between us for starters. The herb sausages and feta fritters were my favourites. I had the special, sea trout, for mains and it was cooked faultlessly, tasted very fresh and had a crispy skin. Wasn't overly keen on the fried gnocchi side - I like fries to be fries and pasta to be pasta myself. Speaking of which the rosemary fries didn't taste remotely of rosemary, but that's a minor glitch. We all had a dessert and they were all very good. Raspberry torta is a hefty portion but it's actually quite a light sponge. The service was excellent, staff seemed genuinely happy to be there. Hope to return soon and sample the other cichetti.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I went to Coppi with family to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant itself is well sited in St. Anne's Square although is rather dark inside. Nevertheless, the meal was excellent. We shared breads with oils and sauce for starters, along with several tapas style dishes (cichetti) that make up the bulk of the starter menu - I had the squid with chilli aioli, which was very good indeed. For mains, I had the duck ragù: the duck was very tender and the accompanying pasta was also hard to fault. That said, I wasn't greatly enamoured with ragù, which suited the duck well but in my opinion, it lacked flavour.

Overall, we were very happy with the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the waiting staff. I would certainly return.

1  Thank denzell393
Reviewed April 13, 2014

First time in this restaurant. First time in Belfast. Our hotel concierge recommended this place. Not only do they have a great wine list, but also good menu, and food is excellent value for money. Portions were very generous and the service was superb! I have to visit Belfast on business frequently and shall be a frequent visitor here! Fabulous.

1  Thank cabernetsue