“Slops!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 5, 2014

That could be my only description of the food given to us.

The chicken, pork and beef pans are right next to eachother so obviously there are inevitable spills from one to the other and my partners fajita of chicken had pieces of beef in it. She only additionally had sour cream and this comes from a bottle rather than spooned and therefore was a watered down version of sour cream and very little of it to effect the overall taste of the meat.

As I said the chicken had some beef in it and was dry and actually had hard pieces of chicken in it, so it is obvious that a remenants from the previous day had got into the next days batch. This was actually the same with my chicken served in a fajita bowl. Mine had the addition of rice and beans, tired and gruel like slops would be the only way to describe them. My tortillas with cheese. Prebought tortilla chips (remarkably like the M&S up the road), with a weird looking sloppy cheese sauce, didn't taste of cheese, more like a gloppy grainy white sauce that was in the throws of death due to it's grey looking demeanour!

As a result this morning both of us did not feel well, a bit of delly belly going on with both of us. My partner finished a quarter of hers, me significantly more, but unlike Oliver Twist, "Please sir I don't want any more!"

At £17.50 value had very little to do with this culinary experience!!

1  Thank Sean H
There are newer reviews for Baja Taqueria

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stingiest tacos ever, the girl was scared to put any meat in. Not much taste off the little meat present.

2  Thank Glenmax777
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Been here about six times now, and I simply won't be back the food quality has rapidly went downhill, and over priced for something your going to pick over. All the meats taste bland and as if they have been bulked up with water, shredded within an inch of their life to look like larger portions. My first visit here was "nice enough" and I have returned several more times as I am not the type of person too completely go off somewhere easily… however I opted for a take away this time as I'm not really fussed on sitting in the place to be honest. I got some chicken soft tacos to which tasted like some kind of dough my small child would make, the chicken was shredded to a very unusual texture, safe to say I didn't eat it as it wasn't a pleasant experience and I won't be returning, disappointing really… hopefully some decent eateries will pop up in east Belfast that charge for what they are selling and not overpriced for some mediocre excuse of burritos, hey perhaps they will open another boojum this side of town, fingers crossed!

1  Thank pintymcpinterson
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just had a burrito, at £6 bit expensive. Was only some chicken and rice and very little else in a wrap. ....and it was almost cold. The place had an unclean smell about it.
1st and last visit for me.

3  Thank Robert M
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Soooo good! From the quick service to the simply delicious food! :) Both my boyfriend and i had Chimichangas, one pork, one chicken, both cooked to perfection, with no grease or anything! The homemade guacamole is to die for! I need that receipe! Will certainly be back! Hooray for Texas!