“great restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

great restaurant in front of the Ibis belfast city centre hotel. It is on top of a small pub, so may nit be noticed. Great ambiance; not busy when we had our dinner. I had the pork belly which is really lovely!! great service; meals for two cost less than £30 including drinks and starters. The service is excellent and the staff was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Nice food and quirky restaurant. Make sure you walk up the stairs. Staff were lovely and Guinness was great.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

we went there for lunch during the week after a living socal deal. 3 off us went at 12.30 and we were greeted with a smile and the place was layed out with hand painted tables and old photos off Belfast on the walls. I most say the food was super and the service was great. we passed the place on Sat Night and it looked really packed. I hope this place does well and I will be back. They do a super lunch deal even with out the living socal deal.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went here on a deal with my daughter and the first thing we noticed when we walked in was the smell.. the space smelt like mens toilets which was distinctly unpleasant. The waitress was lovely and very helpful .. we were the only people in the place so she was very attentive. The menu was fairly limited and made even more so by the fact that the burger was off the menu due to a non-delivery.

The starter of brie was gorgeous and I couldn't fault the main meals either... very tasty. During our meal we noticed an almighty banging noise coming from the roof that was actually shaking the light fixture. It turns out there is a gym upstairs!! I suspect when the place is full the noise probably isn't an issue but it was awfully distracting when we were the only two people in the place.

while the tables are quirky with the different paintings on them the whole place just felt like it was a bit thrown together and bare. Overall really a bit disappointing.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

First visit here during the week and I enjoyed it. Quirky space, table art that locals may critique on the grounds of accuracy (but it's excellent), lovely staff and pleasant (if slow) service. The menu is simple, the food is great value and the principles in its cooking and presentation are sound. The execution was not however consistently good. My burger was beautifully dressed and flavoured, but over cooked. Chips were cooked straight through (not blanched), but this was not expertly done. Fish was nicely cooked, but the fillet did not taste of the best quality local haddock.

I'll certainly be back!