“The best curry house in the east by far”
Review of Curry Paradise - CLOSED

Curry Paradise
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“The best curry house in the east by far”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went in on the grab one offer. And found that the menu was very good. The staff couldn't be any nicer. Don't be put off by their rustic decor or the size of the place. Let the taste of the food talk for itself. One of the if not the best Indians I've ever tasted. We would of went to the Jasmine but this is what a real Indian should taste like. We will be back. Fantastic place. Glad it's in the east :)

Belfast
“The best Indian in Belfast”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a grabone voucher but will definitely go back and more than happy to pay full price. We had the tapas to share for starters and there was plenty for us both. I had the lamb rogan josh for main and I don't think I have ever had lamb so good, it was cooked to perfection. Hubby had the lamb punjabi masala which was also a winner. The staff were really helpful and polite. Do yourself a favour and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
“A little Gem in the East”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great food and great service. Food was excellent, great flavours and good portions. the staff were very friendly and polite. A little gem from the east in the east. Will certainly be back!!

Belfast
“Still searching for the best Indian in Belfast.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is ok. Is it the best in Belfast... No. Was it the best Indian food I have ever eaten... No. It is joining the many Indian restaurants that just serve Ordinary run of the mill food. The salad that I got was so way past it's date!! Should of been in the bin! However the staff were friendly...

Belfast
“I've finally found the best Indian in Belfast!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been on a long and arduous journey to find the perfect Indian restaurant in Belfast. They are always too expensive, too slow, or... my pet hate... the 'hot' curries are not hot enough. So imagine my surprise when I finally found the perfect Indian restaurant tucked away on the Woodstock Road - hardly a hot bed of quality restaurants.

It's not the type of place I would imagine gets much passing trade so I hope beyond hope that it does well. It really deserves to. The service was outstanding from start to finish and the décor is modern with dimmed lights lending it a very cosy and intimate atmosphere.

As part of the voucher deal, we got a tapas starter to share. I usually hate sharing food (too greedy!) so would never normally have ordered this however I'm so glad I did. It was only £6.30 and gave the opportunity to sample a variety of starters. My favourite was the chicken pakora which was fanastic. I'll definitely get the shared starter in future.

For main I ordered the Lamb Jal Jal and asked for it hot. I'm used to doing this and it arriving mild anyway but happy days, I got a tangy, tasty curry with chunks of tender lamb that was actually spicy! It was the perfect heat and was complimented well by a naan that wasn't your usual greasy stodge-fest but a light and fluffy treat. My partner's Lamb Shaslick was wonderful and served with a vegetable curry sauce that negated the usual dryness you encounter with these dishes.

It was very encouraging that not only was the restaurant full and the phone ringing with takeaway orders, but they actually had to turn people away. Make sure you book if you go on a Saturday night or you will be disappointed. It is Bring Your Own (another bonus) and we were charged a total £3 for corkage of a bottle of wine and 2 large beers. You can't argue with that.

• Visited February 2013