“what a way to chillax !”
Review of Curry Paradise - CLOSED

Curry Paradise
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a way to chillax after your holidays and I'm not talking about the frezzing weather lol. Seriously thou after a week in the sun what better way to stave off the blues but go down to what has turned out to be the bestest sit in indain on the woodstock road. There is something about this place that puts you in the holiday/weekend mode as soon as u walk in the door. Gorgeous not over done interior ( yes they have turned lights down ritely so I may add ) it gives the place a completely diff vibe. Most imppressive thou is that my partner asked for a lamb dish he got in Tenerife. It was equally as tasty. Only the fact we walked out to 2 degrees and not 22 degrees we were back on our hols for two hours. Try and you should enjoy. Local offsales just incase you need that 2nd run ( yes we did. Well its cold out there ) The bill on a par to what we paid in the sun. Now that was worth comming home too. Ps get down soon before our tan fades as we are sure to be there!

3  Thank gary685

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been to Curry Paradise twice now and I will definitely be back. This is a simple and un-pretentious Indian restaurant that serves top class food at very reasonable prices. Service is pleasant and efficient and as it is bring your own (with 2 off-licences nearby) the cost of a meal out is kept to a minimum. The food is fresh and full of flavour and not a greasy artificially coloured mess that I have had in other establishments. Like a previous reviewer, my only niggle would be the lighting and decor. The interior design is very tasteful and clean but it is modern, bright and lacks the cosiness and ambience of other more 'typical' Indian restaurants. Still, if its banging good Indian cuisine with polite friendly service that you are after then Curry Paradise is the place to go.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

this restaurant is excellent, the food and the staff, the good thing is it is bring your own, my partner and i have been here alot of times, you dont have to book and they have some great offers on, if you like indian food you must give this place a go HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

A lovely modern clean restaurant. Food and service were both excellent. Went on a Grab One voucher and would certainly recommend and go back. BYO which is a real bonus £2 corkage charge (which they did not charge). Large menu with some unusual dishes. We had a balti and a chicken dish cooked in mint and cream - both excellent.
Small restaurant with nice background music - if they turned the lights down slightly would be really intimate.
Great to have a nice restaurant in this area at long last. Tuesday and Sunday evenings they do a 4 course for £10 per person. They were doing a good trade when we were there on Saturday evening

1  Thank accountsclerk
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant is five minutes from the city centre. It is small and simply decorated but bright and modern.

Service - was friendly helpful and efficient

Poppadoms were still warm and arrived with four dips in a ceramic tray. Really enjoyed the dips which were a red sauce type dip, mint, onion, smooth chutney.

For starters we had Chicken Tikka and Chicken Pakora. Both were of a good size but not overmuch. I had the Chicken Tikka which came with a salad and a tiny bowl with a red dip and cooked onions, yum. The pakora was tasty also (i tried it too!) the only difference from what Im used to is that the chicken was only lightly coated in batter but very nice.

Mains
My fiance had Chicken Tikka Masala which he thought was one of the best he has ever had. I had the Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi and I have to say that it was a bit too hot for me but I could still taste the flavour and enjoyed it. I would ask for it milder next time though! The pilau rice was lovely and we also had a plain nan which my fiance really loved.

Regarding price I would say that they are very competitive and the only niggle I might have is that I was charged £2 for a coke. This is my pet peeve with restaurants! But on the other hand its bring your own bottle and I wasn't charged a corkage fee!

The one negative I could say about my dining experience in this restaurant is that I would prefer dimmer lighting as this would provide a more intimate atmosphere! So if thats the only thing then you'll understand why Im booked in for another visit!

6  Thank Lydia1975