“Frozen spring roll!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Have just been to Li Li Wong on recommendation of a friend who remembered how good the Water Margin was. The place was empty which set my alarm bells ringing. Ordered the 'Delux Oriental Platter' for two at £6.49 each for starter. It duly appeared and looked awful. Ate a rib which was barely warm and tasted awful. Next the spring roll to discover it was still frozen in the middle. Got up and left immediately!! Hoping we don't end up with food poisoning from the little under heated food we did eat. Avoid!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Food was tasty, restaurant was quiet at the time but service was good. Decor was nice and the kids loved the ice cream!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit on 5 November, I called in during my lunchbreak and was delighted at the quality of the food. Salted chilli squid at a buffet?! Brilliant!
If you have been to a buffet before you know what to expect. The quality of the food (especially the curry) was very good and the staff were very friendly and well presented. The dessert selection was fine (I'm not a dessert person) and the atmosphere was a relaxing break from the busy streets of Belfast. The only bad points I can say are the location with is a bit of a walk from the city centre and the price is a little higher than other chinese buffets, still, I feel you get what you pay for in this world and the quality of the food is the difference.
I'm amazed at the bad reviews on here, but I guess you can't please everyone! I certainly enjoyed my visit and will be back soon

Reviewed November 14, 2012

On a Wednesday lunch time the restaurant was far from full. There was a wide selection of starters, main courses and desserts. The waiting staff were really welcoming but the restaurant itself was very cold throughout - I had to keep my coat on, which I hate to do. I had a few different starters and although the food was not cold at the start, it rapidly got cool in the chill atmosphere - despite the warm plates. The waiter took our drinks efficiently, there were jugs of water and glasses provided on the table and he brought rice crackers for us to nibble on. We were encouraged to go up to the counter where you could get different Chinese meats freshly brought to the table - one chap at the table got duck and char sui which was tasty. The waiter brought hot towels for us to wipe our fingers on after eating the starters - which I thought was a very nice touch. I got a couple of dishes that had just been put out and these were piping hot but the chips were too cold to enjoy - the salt chilli squid was delicious. The waiter then brought orange quarters to refresh our mouths after the main courses. There were several different desserts, cheesecakes and gateaux to choose from but I had the serve-yourself 'Mr Whippy' style ice cream with chocolate peanuts and dessert sauce which was exactly what you would expect. The waiter brought teas and coffees quickly and accurately. There were a gang of us and we were treating one of the team, some had beer and wine and some had soft drinks - when the price was divied up it came to £12.50 each which was inexpensive for what was a big feed. We had practically a guard of honour upon leaving and it was clear that our visit had been appreciated.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

it's not as bad as they all said... it was tasty and the ice cream machine and sweets are fun. it was pretty cold though. we went for a staff lunch and found it to be great value with everyone able to happily stuff themselves.