“Good food. Lots of Chinese people eat here.”
Review of Lili Wong - CLOSED

Lili Wong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food. Lots of Chinese people eat here.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Food was tasty, restaurant was quiet at the time but service was good. Decor was nice and the kids loved the ice cream!

“Lunchtime Delight”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit on 5 November, I called in during my lunchbreak and was delighted at the quality of the food. Salted chilli squid at a buffet?! Brilliant!
If you have been to a buffet before you know what to expect. The quality of the food (especially the curry) was very good and the staff were very friendly and well presented. The dessert selection was fine (I'm not a dessert person) and the atmosphere was a relaxing break from the busy streets of Belfast. The only bad points I can say are the location with is a bit of a walk from the city centre and the price is a little higher than other chinese buffets, still, I feel you get what you pay for in this world and the quality of the food is the difference.
I'm amazed at the bad reviews on here, but I guess you can't please everyone! I certainly enjoyed my visit and will be back soon

• Visited November 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as described”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

On a Wednesday lunch time the restaurant was far from full. There was a wide selection of starters, main courses and desserts. The waiting staff were really welcoming but the restaurant itself was very cold throughout - I had to keep my coat on, which I hate to do. I had a few different starters and although the food was not cold at the start, it rapidly got cool in the chill atmosphere - despite the warm plates. The waiter took our drinks efficiently, there were jugs of water and glasses provided on the table and he brought rice crackers for us to nibble on. We were encouraged to go up to the counter where you could get different Chinese meats freshly brought to the table - one chap at the table got duck and char sui which was tasty. The waiter brought hot towels for us to wipe our fingers on after eating the starters - which I thought was a very nice touch. I got a couple of dishes that had just been put out and these were piping hot but the chips were too cold to enjoy - the salt chilli squid was delicious. The waiter then brought orange quarters to refresh our mouths after the main courses. There were several different desserts, cheesecakes and gateaux to choose from but I had the serve-yourself 'Mr Whippy' style ice cream with chocolate peanuts and dessert sauce which was exactly what you would expect. The waiter brought teas and coffees quickly and accurately. There were a gang of us and we were treating one of the team, some had beer and wine and some had soft drinks - when the price was divied up it came to £12.50 each which was inexpensive for what was a big feed. We had practically a guard of honour upon leaving and it was clear that our visit had been appreciated.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not that bad”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

it's not as bad as they all said... it was tasty and the ice cream machine and sweets are fun. it was pretty cold though. we went for a staff lunch and found it to be great value with everyone able to happily stuff themselves.

Visited November 2012
uk
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I visited the restaurant with family on a Friday evening. It was extremely quiet which I thought was a bit strange, we were offered the buffet or a la carte but we went with the buffet. After selected a few of the unedible starters on offer, we were approached by a waiter and asked to pay our bill immediately.
It was a bad start but things didn't get any better the food was cold and not a great selection for dinner time! In fact the waiter brought a pot of soup out as we were just leaving the table.
We moved on to desert and I asked if we could order coffee with ours, the waiter said they didnt serve coffee!
The service was bad, food was worse than bad and I can honestly say my family members or myself will not be back.

• Visited October 2012