“Pretty awesome for food !!”
Review of Alley Cat - CLOSED

Alley Cat
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Portstewart, Londonderry.
“Pretty awesome for food !!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Tried this place out the other week as had heard good things from other food lovers like me ;o) The main food/restaurant bit is located upstairs, which was a fairly disused part of the old Roost bar, that used to house this site. The food is fairly simple, American-style fare, but they seem to get it right ! The burgers are excellent quality, although I did get a bit of fatty bacon in mine. Can't understand why anyone would serve fatty bacon on a plate, never mind in a burger!! Anyway, the sides are excellent, too, with the superb sweet potato fries and aeoli dip being my particular favourite! Service is both attentive and courteous and I do like the quirky nature of how they serve things. Kitchen roll is set down for you to use with your meal. When you're eating burgers, it's great to have the likes of that, as opposed to a couple of small napkins! Am torn between a '4' and a '5' for me, but I'll go with the latter...just ! =o)

• Visited December 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“our night out is not complete without a visit”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Love this place, funky decor, relaxed atmoshpere, great mix of music, food is burgers, hot dogs and fries but i have never had better ANYWHERE, great drinks list both in coctails and beers. have visited many times with my partner and brought my kids during the day enjoyed every visit!

Visited December 2013
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Great burger”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Popped in for lunch as friends had recommended it . The good probably one of the best burgers that I have ever had May have had better but can't remember when, fries were great as we'll.
Can't fault the server as she was doing here best to take orders seat guests, serve food, and complete transactions all by herself. But the bad there were three barmen standing around not doing much at all to help with customer service or service at all. The ugly, look at your ketchup, and mustard bottles, gross and dirty, also the toilets need a good clean look at the mould.

• Visited January 2014
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
“You never leave hungry”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have visited Alley Cats many times over the past year and have to say it is one of my favourite restaurants in town.

The decor is very quirky and offers something a bit different to other restaurants in town. I have never had any problems with service or food both our excellent! The menu is very varied and there is something for everyone. Food is brought out on trays and you're encouraged to dig in. I would definitely recommend the tea pot cocktails they always go down well! The portion to price ratio is very good and you will never leave hungry, I am always nursing a food baby after each visit after over indulging!

The only negative I could say about Alley Cats is the toilets are a bit grimey.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“really enjoyable visit”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Had heard great reviews about this restaurant from friends so decided to try it out for myself. Wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Food came after a short time despite the downstairs being full. The chicken burger was delicious and was served with a range of sauces and kitchen roll instead of napkins which I thought was very inventive! Teapot cocktails were a highlight with a range of flavours. Will definitely be back as the whole experience was great! A lovely little spot!