“Food,atmosphere and cocktails ”
Review of Alley Cat - CLOSED

Alley Cat
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Food,atmosphere and cocktails ”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Having visited Alley Cat for lunch before, I decided to try it for dinner with the other half on a Saturday night! And I was not disappointed! Although we had to wait 30 minutes for a table, staff were so accommodating and friendly and the atmosphere so buzzing that we didn't mind at all! Food was to die for and service was great! This place is like a breath of fresh air in belfast! Serving until 11pm, amazing and very reasonably priced food, great atmosphere and fantastic cocktails, I will definitely be back!

“Incredibly disappointing.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Having visited before and really enjoyed the food I went along again with some friends. After placing our order we waited for three quarters of an hour before being told that our order hadn't gone through properly and would we like to order again. After waiting for another 40 minutes two members of our party had to leave, nobody had come to explain why the food might be so late. The remaining members of the party finished their drinks before leaving. Burgers and chips, Not really a complicated order.

3 Thank wiseodin
“Love this place...hidden gem”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in the side streets this place is amazing! Food to die for and really friendly staff. Can't wait until my next visit

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Definitely!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Without question this has to be the best burger in town. Way better than any of the other contenders. Like actually amazing. It's making me hungry just writing this. And the veggie burgers are fantastic - 3 different ones to choose from!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genuinely Surprised.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

You know... Everyone expects pub food to be ok at best. Which is what I assumed when entering Alleycat last week for the first time. Two words... Dead. Wrong. Rarely have I ever been served a burger that when I ask for it mid-rare, actually comes out as such. I actually can't describe how happy even that small detail made me. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

On entering the bar, myself and two friends were greeted and seated immediately, given menus and ordered drinks. All with complete courtesy and speed. Off to a good start. We peruse the small but varied menu (I actually take the small menu as a good sign, I'm usually wary of places with 60 seats and 400 menu items...) and decide just as the waiter/barman comes back with our drinks. We order and wait. The atmosphere is casual and comfy if a LITTLE bit bare. After a short wait (roughly 15 minutes) the waiter returns with our food. Served all on one large tray it seems a little small for three people but as soon as we took our sides off it it worked out grand and wasn't an issue at all. The burger. Well seasoned, cooked properly (amazing), great balance of the toppings, the coleslaw in particular was fantastic and substantial but not an overly difficult size. The sweet potato fries were hot and well seasoned as well.

There are people on TA here complaining about price, and to be fair it is slightly above what you would expect to be paying for a casual lunch, but then again, this is not a casual lunch and the quality of the food TOTALLY justifies the price. I would far rather pay cash for good food than pay pennies for crap. The student discount was just the icing on the delicious delicious cake.

Probably the most telling part of my experience was the fact that when I returned with my girlfriend a few days later, I had an almost identical experience, from the quality of the service to the quality of the food. Consistency. Perfect.

I was very happy.