“Fine food, classy setting, terrific staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bourbon at Queens - CLOSED

Bourbon at Queens
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Fine food, classy setting, terrific staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Bourbon is a wonderful place to eat! We had a meeting there with a small group of people with wildly different tastes, and all found a delicious entree. The food was well prepared, inventive, fresh and the wine list was good without pretension. The location could not be easier to find -- right near Queens University and on bus lines. It has two levels and would be a fine choice for family dining, a romantic date or a work meeting. The owner (don't know his name) was charming and very professional, as were his staff people.

New Zealand
“Special dining evening in Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Thanks guys for a great eveningnd service, delicious pork belly, ....our first "night out" from New Zealand was superb, look forward to returning

1 Thank trekker58
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The menu is brilliant and considering the price not too bad. It's all done slightly differently with very friendly staff and my girlfriend and I had a great experience here. Would definitely go again

• Visited October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'd heard great things about Bourbon at Queens and was really looking forward to trying it myself. On arrival I thought the restaurant looked great & had a nice buzz for a Sat night. We were promptly shown to our table by friendly staff & drinks order taken. Our starters of salt & chilli squid/duck salad were pretty good, nothing spectacular but tasty. Unfortunately our main course was a big let down. I opted for the roast chicken breast with tarragon mash & frankly can't believe the chef was happy to send it from his kitchen. I have never had drier chicken in all my days, I needed another cocktail just to wash it down! My partner asked for his steak medium rare which arrived a lot more medium than rare, but he's not one for being fussy! Despite this though, the steak was just ok. I would say the star of the show was the sticky toffee pudding we had for dessert. Absolutely delicious and very light. But the 'salted caramel' ice cream didn't live up to expectations either as I couldn't taste the salt whatsoever. All in all I wouldn't call it a disaster, but very disappointing that the main part of the meal was the worst part. Don't think I would bother giving it a second chance, plenty of other good places to try.

2 Thank Skye27
Tynemouth, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I visited the Bourbon at Queens last Friday evening.The food was was very good and the service first class and good value.We ate our meal downstairs in comfortable surroundings attended by very good staff.Give it a try.