“very impressed”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The menu is brilliant and considering the price not too bad. It's all done slightly differently with very friendly staff and my girlfriend and I had a great experience here. Would definitely go again

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'd heard great things about Bourbon at Queens and was really looking forward to trying it myself. On arrival I thought the restaurant looked great & had a nice buzz for a Sat night. We were promptly shown to our table by friendly staff & drinks order taken. Our starters of salt & chilli squid/duck salad were pretty good, nothing spectacular but tasty. Unfortunately our main course was a big let down. I opted for the roast chicken breast with tarragon mash & frankly can't believe the chef was happy to send it from his kitchen. I have never had drier chicken in all my days, I needed another cocktail just to wash it down! My partner asked for his steak medium rare which arrived a lot more medium than rare, but he's not one for being fussy! Despite this though, the steak was just ok. I would say the star of the show was the sticky toffee pudding we had for dessert. Absolutely delicious and very light. But the 'salted caramel' ice cream didn't live up to expectations either as I couldn't taste the salt whatsoever. All in all I wouldn't call it a disaster, but very disappointing that the main part of the meal was the worst part. Don't think I would bother giving it a second chance, plenty of other good places to try.

2  Thank Skye27
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I visited the Bourbon at Queens last Friday evening.The food was was very good and the service first class and good value.We ate our meal downstairs in comfortable surroundings attended by very good staff.Give it a try.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ate here in the early evening. The goats cheese based starter was just excellent, and the mushroom risotto very nice indeed. I at first thought that this had been overcooked but quickly found it just had a generous serving of sauce, and the accompanying greens were very nice indeed. The panna cotta, it has to be said, was a let-down and utterly tasteless and dull, shame. Service and location though were very good all round and it is definitely worth return visits, despite the failed attempt at a very common dessert.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great staff, great food, great value for money. Took the family for Sunday lunch to celebrate my birthday, and had a wonderful experience. We were made to feel valued and welcome, the staff were friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble, and the food was excellent. Still one of our favourite restaurants in Belfast