“Very nice late lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bourbon at Queens - CLOSED

Bourbon at Queens
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very nice late lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went with my girlfriend for lunch about 2.30 on a Saturday.

Restaurant was very quiet but the waitress made us feel very welcome.

There was a offer on for 3 small dishes and a glass of beer (Peroni 1/2 pint) for £10. Everything on the menu was very appealing.
We ordered the following;
-Breast of Pidgeon w/ cranberry chutney - Was just ok
-Deep fried King prawns - Excellent
-Fish cakes on oriental veg. - Very good
-Deep fried brie w/ Pear and onion chutney - Good
-Duck spring roll - Very good
-Homemade breads tampinade and oil - Very good

Overall it was a very good meal and the food was very fresh. We ate everything but were so full up that were didn't need to eat the rest of the day. Also was pretty good value at £20 all in

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank AndyMac121

“Bourbon at Queens was an overall excellent experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The first impression when we walked in was beautiful and clean and we were greeted immediately. We sat at a well lit table and had a fabulous and extremely knowledgeable server who walked us through the menu.
We started with a bottle of savingion blanc and had a house salad and breaded prawns as an app. Both were fabulous!!
Pork tenderloin and sirloin steak for the main, made to order, perfect temperature, and they were impeccable.
I highly recommend this restaurant and is well in walking distance of many great sites!

4 Thank Samm S
“Fresh innovative scrummy food with excellent friendly service ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Came here for my birthday back in November and found the food , service and atmosphere excellent ....
The waiter ( who was so friendly and helpful) even brought our 8 month daughter a little bowl of pasta and tomato sauce ( for no extra charge ) which she happily got stuck into ...my butternut squash cheescake was melt in the mouth delicious ... And I kept sneaking forkfuls of my husbands haddock on cous cous because it was so nice .. The puddings were amazing too... I would highly recommend this restaurant for any type of night out ... Couples, friends or family ... Quite simply scrummy ...

4 Thank Nic7415
belfast
“The place to be!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is an amazing restaurant. I absolutely love the food, cocktails and amazing staff. My first experience of Bourbon @ Queens was with my partner and within a week I was back with a group of girlfriends. The set menu on offer is perfect in price and perfect for choice, again washed down with the the best strawberry daquiris in town!! Was back again for staff xmas dinner on saturday 8.12.12 and not one person had a critical word to say. Everyone raved about the food, price and entertainment that followed dinner. We were able to go have dinner without being rushed off the table as it was ours for the evening and then danced the night away all under the same roof. Where else would you get it!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank paula b
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I work in the hospitality industry and really struggle to find somewhere to eat that doesn't leave me criticising some element of the visit. I was actually recommended this restaurant by a colleague and can thankfully say I was not disappointed.
Upon arrival the manager Patrick greeted my partner and I and invited us to our table, he was warm and very welcoming, but very knowledgable about the menu. He recommended we go for a few small plates as appetisers and they were absolutely amazing. The chicken wings are simply the best I have tasted when out! The portion size was very generous also. My partner had the prawns small plate and she was very happy with that also. I was also very impressed with the decor of the building and the back bar display. It is definitely a spot I could visit for a light bite and an ice cold pint of Peroni!
When it came to our main courses, the presentation, taste and portion of the food was excellent. It was clear to see that the food was cooked to order, the homemade Burger is a must try. I usually don't go for dessert but when Adil explained how the desserts were prepared I just had to try. Sticky Toffee Pudding...Oh my god, absolutely unreal. Profiteroles were also top notch. All in all, Bourbon at Queens is a hidden treasure nestled in between Tony Romas an Villa Italia, and having been to all 3 restaurants before, I'll only be going back to one after this meal, Bourbon at Queens, keep up the great work Patrick, Adil and staff!

8 Thank Diddles86