“Delicious Indian food”

Ranked #467 of 1,072 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Indian Nights Inn is a proudly family run business since 2009, based in both St. George's Market in Belfast and Magherafelt. Our mission is simply to educate and delight people in the variety and distinctiveness of great Indian food.Come along and try our fayre.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious Indian food”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I should start by stating that this review refers to pre-prepared Indian food made to heat up and serve at home. I order it during the week online, and collect it on Saturday morning. We have had several take-home Dinners for Two deals from the Indian Nights Inn stall at Belfast St George's Market, and each one was delicious, low-fat and easy to re-heat at home. The servings are generous, there is a good choice of dishes, and the advice and service from the staff always reliable and helpful. We have a wide experience of Indian cuisine, from cookery classes in Belfast run by Indian cooks, to food in India and Sri Lanka on many visits throughout the sub-continent, including recipes and advice from hotel chefs there. Much as I enjoy cooking Indian style food, it is a real pleasure to be saved the time and effort at home and get "carry-out" meals that are tasty and authentic.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank StephanieO34

“Gourmet Indian!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had an Indian Night inn meal and it was beautiful, was very fresh compared to regular takeaway.
Would definitely recommend!!

• Visited June 2013
magherafelt
“fabulous indian food!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

got a meal for two tonight from the Indian Nights Inn in Magherafelt and it was fabulous.Such good value and so much flavour-would really recommend this to anyone and so reasonably priced!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I came across this, unexpectedly, in Tripadvisor and was persuaded to order the meal for 2 (£20) plus a box of nibbles (£12). I picked these up on a very busy Saturday at St Georges Market where it was clear that the stall was doing a roaring trade. This seemed promising and I looked forward to an authentic Indian dining experience that evening. However, when the food was reheated - according to instructions provided - the starters (onion bhaji and chicken pakora) were very disappointing tasting only marginally better than their supermarket counterparts.Also, they lacked the freshness and crispiness of freshly cooked food ( similar comments apply to the nibbles) . My wife enjoyed the butter chicken which was too bland for my taste; but the biggest let down was my beef curry which was lacking in any discernible spiciness and flavour. I also find it surprising that lamb never seems to feature on their menu. I have never before ordered beef in an Indian restaurant. I am sorry to have to write a negative review because I was hoping that this concept would work for us. However, it simply reinforces for me that freshly cooked is always preferable to reheated,

Visited November 2012
Tommy C, Owner at Indian Nights Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal and we do agree that food is always better when freshly cooked. You may not have been aware that the optimal way to reheat our starters is to deep fry them for approx 2 minutes, but most people prefer the healthier option of oven reheating.

Lamb is on the menu but in an effort to keep our choices varied it doesn't appear every week.

Thank you for trying our food and we would love for you to call again and hopefully have a better taste experience!
Bangor, N.I.
“So disappointing!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visit St. George's Sunday market quite regularly and decided yesterday to bring home a £12 meal deal from Indian Nights Inn stall. Going home on the train we couldn't wait to start so tried the Pakora starter, cold!! Flavour was amazing! A burst of fresh spices and a wonderful "hit" after! However, once home we heated the 2 main dishes in the oven, per instructions. We were surprised that there was no tantalising smell as it heated and, to our amazement, no aroma as I served it! Well, I've no idea how a Pakora can be FULL of flavour yet Chicken Methi and Beef Shorba devoid of any discernable spicy flavour but a basic Irish Stew has more appeal! We seldom buy carry-outs due to the high fat content and so we make our own at home...all nicer than the 2 we bought! I do hope this was a "dud" batch for everything LOOKED so promising on the stall. I'll certainly buy the Pakora again...but that's all!

• Visited November 2012
Dear Carol,

Thanks very much for your feedback, we take all of these comments on board and apologies for the slow response.

I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your main meal that you bought from Indian Nights Inn, hopefully you can see from the other feedback that this is usually not the case. We would love for you to pop by the stall when next in St George's and are happy to give you a selection of tasting samples for you to experience the full range of our delicious food.

Happy Christmas!
Asha & the Team at Indian Nights Inn.