“Great Value”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Sunday lunch, 2 courses for £13, what's not to like! Tuna fishcakes to start were delicately spiced and quite lovely while the murghli shaslik main was beautiful with an accompanying curry sauce not like any I'd previously tried; red in colour, sweet and mild but not a like korma, thankfully.

Only minor criticism is that philistine/traditionalist that I am rather partial to some poppadoms with a curry but they don't do them!

Date of visit: August 2014
2  Thank Gmac1974

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Let's start with the toilets. Strange place to start but I believe the state of a restaurant's loos tell you much of what you need to know about their attitude towards their clientelle. I can report that Mumbai 27 toilets are 5*, which is also how I would describe their food and service.
We went on Friday evening @ 7pm without reservations. Even though the place was busy, we were immediately shown to a two seater table partitioned from its neighbours by sheer curtaining (similar to its sister restaurant Lolita in Stranmillis). Service was attentive without being intrusive. I ordered Deshi Bhaji to start. Great. Jal Frezi Chicken and Veg Korma (not on the menu). Both excellent (lots of sauce!). 1 x starter (shared). 2 x mains. 1 x glass of wine & 1 x soft drink. 2 x cocktails. £49. 70
Lovely decor. Great vibe. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Chosen at random as we walked around.
Nice authentic smell on entry
Quiet service but efficient
Food was excellent
Well cooked in flavours.
Decent range of wines
Price was lower than expected for a good meal.
Nice setting and decor.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed July 20, 2014

A great place for a modern twist on Indian food. The ambiance and decor is modern yet romantic. The service is attentive and usually able to get a table even on a busy Friday evening. The wine is tasty even by the glass. The only slight negative is the prices are a little high.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I absolutely love curry. I'd heard really good things about Mumbai 27 and finally got to try it last night.

So imagine my surprise when I walked in and was greeted like an old friend by waiting staff and later the owner... I used to frequent another restaurant that I worked near called Lolita in Stranmillis but haven't been there for eight months because of a job change. Turns out Mumbai 27 is run by the same people. I genuinely had no idea.

First rate service. The five of us had outstanding starters, then I went for a sea bass dish I'd lived on in the other restaurant, hoping it was something similar... It was and I loved it. No messing about with a beautiful ingredient, just really lightly seasoned and flame grilled.

The location is excellent - you can't deny that the Cathedral Quarter is central and cool. The food is reasonable and godamnit, that sea bass is outstanding; the service is great and no-one in our company had a bad word to say about anything and we tipped quite, quite handsomely.

Outstanding restaurant.