“Not up to scratch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Not up to scratch”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Our first time at this restaurant. We are big fans of Indian Cuisine.
Firstly, what a poorly laid out and limited menu. Very few starters and main courses.
We settled on mains only and can only say they were ok. There are much better Indian restaurants in Belfast and we will not be returning.

2 Thank Percypoos

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very tasty indian cuisine in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Mumbai 27 and it wont be my last. Everything we had expected from our evening meal was delivered. There were a few Christmas office parts in when we arrived and the noise level was quite high, but it just added to the overall experience. There was a Christmas 3 course menu which we chose to opt out of as we prefer just starters and a main. To begin with there was a tandoori whole Quail, which I was informed tasted amazing and I had a chicken Tikka starter, and again it was really good. Having an issue being able to understand some of the mains on the menu, I described to our waiter what I would really like to eat, and he recommended the Lamb Jalfresi served with a green chilli and coriander nan. It was exactly all that I would have ever wished for. The other main was a Chicken Jal Jal with Pilau rice. The empty plates said it all. The portion size was more than adequate. During the meal our water glasses were regularly refilled without asking. The wine menu was both vast and reasonably priced. I am really happy to give this establishment my stamp of approval.

Visited December 2013
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

After reading a raving review by Joris Minnis in the Belfast Telegraph we decided to have our Xmas Lunch here yesterday, what a mistake!. The food was had very little taste, the portions were small and the staff seemed uninterested.
Having eaten Indian cuisine all over the UK for the past 30 years this ranks among the worst I've experienced. For £17.50 this represents poor value for money and was equivalent to the standard business lunch menu that you would get anywhere for £7.95.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Cedric11
“Will not be back,”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having been to Mumbai 27 quite a lot with family and with large parties I was absolutely shocked at the welcome me and my boyfriend received yesterday.

As it is advertised on the website opened 5-11 pm on Saturdays me and my boyfriend were just finished shopping and thought we would call in and see if we could get a table as it was just approaching 5.

I went in and politely said excuse me are you opened? I got an abrupt come back in half hour. I asked aren't you open at 5? The man said yes. I told him that it was 5 and he said oh is it wait there. He walked round the corner where he began to speak to the other staff in Indian still being quite abrupt and obviously giving off that we hadn't booked a table making us feel quite uncomfortable. He came round and said come back at 7.

The restaurant was completely empty and they obviously did not want to start the kitchen to serve two people.

A simple sorry we aren't opening unit a little later tonight would have been fine. The rudeness was absolutely shocking I am still gobsmacked.

Do not advertise opening hours that are incorrect. Also if you are running a restaurant should a basic skill not to be aware of the time?

Had loved coming here before but I will not ever be back and I hope no other customer has to ever experience this ill mannered man.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Eeedie1
Belfast, United Kingdom
“always enjoy this experience..”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Have eaten here a few times since Mumbai 27 opened. have always enjoyed food and the ambiance. Staff comfortably attentive and never felt rushed

• Visited March 2013