“Will not be back,”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having been to Mumbai 27 quite a lot with family and with large parties I was absolutely shocked at the welcome me and my boyfriend received yesterday.

As it is advertised on the website opened 5-11 pm on Saturdays me and my boyfriend were just finished shopping and thought we would call in and see if we could get a table as it was just approaching 5.

I went in and politely said excuse me are you opened? I got an abrupt come back in half hour. I asked aren't you open at 5? The man said yes. I told him that it was 5 and he said oh is it wait there. He walked round the corner where he began to speak to the other staff in Indian still being quite abrupt and obviously giving off that we hadn't booked a table making us feel quite uncomfortable. He came round and said come back at 7.

The restaurant was completely empty and they obviously did not want to start the kitchen to serve two people.

A simple sorry we aren't opening unit a little later tonight would have been fine. The rudeness was absolutely shocking I am still gobsmacked.

Do not advertise opening hours that are incorrect. Also if you are running a restaurant should a basic skill not to be aware of the time?

Had loved coming here before but I will not ever be back and I hope no other customer has to ever experience this ill mannered man.

4  Thank Eeedie1

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Have eaten here a few times since Mumbai 27 opened. have always enjoyed food and the ambiance. Staff comfortably attentive and never felt rushed

2  Thank Maggie K
Reviewed November 30, 2013

An evening meal after a long working day... and all the dishes were excellent. The basics, like the fresh naan bread, were very good, and the atmosphere was just right - very efficient service without feeling rushed. I heartily recommend...

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 4 times now, and it never fails in service and quality of food. The staff are friendly, the food is fresh, tasty and excellent value for money.

1  Thank markgroberts
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went to Mumbai 27 with some work colleagues on a Monday evening so it wasn't particularly busy. This is not your standard Indian restaurant and very little on the menu was familiar to me. That said, the waiters were extremely helpful with their explanations and I was able to choose from a very varied selection. I have to say that the food was excellent - probably some of the best Indian food I have tasted. The staff were very attentive and polite, which added to a great experience. I will certainly return and recommend.