“Excellent Indian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Excellent food and great atmosphere. The service was overly efficient (we almost felt like we were being rushed) - this is perhaps the restaurant's response to previous complaints of poor service? However, overall we had an excellent meal and pleasant evening and I will certainly be back and would recommend it.

1  Thank JDE260767

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate out as a party of 4 for my friends birthday on a Saturday night at the start of February.
I frequently eat out in Belfast with my favourites being Mourne Seafood and BKs but we thought we would give this a go. I will admit I was slightly dubious before we set off, as a group of work colleagues had not had a good experience in mid December but given it was then Christmas we decided to afford the benefit of the doubt. The restaurant was packed when we arrived. We ordered wine and got 2 glasses not 4, we tried on 3 occasions to rectify this and to get some water for the table. It was hard going! Starters arrived and much as they were edible they were so mediocre, you could easily make better at home. The mains again were disappointing, the waiters didn't seem familiar with the menu and were unsure as to which sides would go best with what and I sent my fillet beef back as it was hard and chewy. I reordered a lamb dish which had the potential to be superb but again was rushed and not tender. I found one of the waitresses very rude and she literally dismissed us when we tried to get her attention. The manageress expressed her disappointment in our experience but said they were simply too busy... Not good enough, if you pay the same for each dish you expect consistency and not excuses.. Won't be back and have spread the word that there are MUCH better places to spend your hard earned money.

1  Thank KinnyGraham
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Dropped in on a cold Sunday night (3 Feb) the restaurant was quite but it didn't put us off. The service was first class as was the food, very unusual take on Indian food, it tasted so fresh and would say its the best Indian food I've tasted in over 30 years.

If your every in Belfast I would recommend it, not the usual "heavy" Indian food we are used too eating.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this resturant for an anniversary meal, but unfortunately the poor service ruined our evening. The menu was limited and over priced for what we received. Once the dinner plates were removed that was the last time anyone paid any attention to us. We were totally ignored, no offer of a dessert, coffee, cocktails - nothing. After a long while we were fed up and got up to go, a waitress noticed and offered us some water from a jug. We said no we were leaving and explained why. We received an apology and offered a complimentary drink, but it was too late, we refused this as the evening was spoiled. We were given the wrong bill, about 3 times what ours was. We left no tip, but my tip to you is - if you want a nice meal and good service go somewhere else. There are plenty of much better restaurants in the vacinity

2  Thank Ricwilson
Reviewed January 28, 2013

So impressed I really had to write a review! Beautiful restaurant, friendly staff and food to due for, couldn't recommend it enough, can't wait to go back

1  Thank Newry_10