“Food is good and fresh and staff are nice!!!”

The Beijing Restaurant
Ranked #787 of 1,049 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/beijing-chinese-restarant-belfast
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Food is good and fresh and staff are nice!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times from small parties of 3 to large groups of 12 with and without children. I have always found the staff to be very pleasant even if some are not that great at English. We found the staff to be really good with our children. The food is cooked freshly to order - unusual for a buffet style restaurant. It arrives piping hot and you can order as often as you want. On one occassion, one of our party was from China and he enjoyed the food! The wine is very reasonably priced and more than drinkable - although I love the Chinese tea! I would recommend people to go and to enjoy themselves!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Madeleine E

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food pity about the staff.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Food has always been good but the staff are worse than useless and about as good as an ashtray on a motor bike. I have been several times, but on the last visit tbe male member of staff brought the wrong order to the table and when told of his mistake started swearing and kicking chairs around us.we have not been back since

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank stephen s
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely food - pity about the staff”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been here before and the food was lovely but staff were ignorant but decided to give it another go to see if it had changed. Again the food absolutely delicious but the staff were very rude and they kept confusing our order. I ordered battered mushrooms and chicken fried rice which I never got but after 2 hours I gave up and went home. Such a pity as their food really is one of the best in Belfast but the staff - well lets say I have never seen such ignorant people in life - such a shame and this place could be a real gem!!

• Visited May 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese food at 'give away' prices”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

One of many 'Eat as much as you want' Chinese Restaurants in Belfast and one of the best. No 'buffet style' system here. Full table service with variety of menus ranting from £6.99 (lunch), £9.99 and £12.99. Food is varied, tasty and served quickly. And you can order as many dishes as you want. I have eaten here quite a few times now and have noted an improvement since they reduced the 'kids eat free' to 'one kid eats free with two adults'. Not a lot of 'finesse' and the staff can be a bit abrupt but you can have as many dishes as you want for the price of a take away including as much Chinese tea as you want Desert and tea/coffee included. Fully licenced with good choice of beers and wine. Has always been clean when I have visited.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having read the previous poor reviews on this restaurant, I decided to throw caution to the wind since I had my heart set on going there. I booked a table for 4.

Upon arrival, we were seated and drinks were ordered promptly. We knew from the reviews on here that the staff were not particularly friendly, so we were expecting that.

The food arrived quickly and I have to say was delicious. Every dish that we ordered was fresh, hot and tasty. We ordered loads of food and each dish was served promptly.

I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a good feed of nice chinese food. Don't expect great customer service, but the food makes up for that :)

• Visited April 2013