“The MAC will definitely have me back!”
Review of Canteen Belfast

Canteen Belfast
Ranked #269 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: CanteenBelfast, formerly of Saint Annes Square has moved.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I only went in for a cup of tea and a wee nosey after a very hard session at the gym. I did look at the menu but I was honest with the waitress and told her just tea as my belly was upset from my gym workout. I expected her to give me a 'look' or be a bit snotty, but she was so lovely and understanding and didn't seem to mind that one of her tables was being taken up by a very tired gym goer, in my gym clothes probably smelling of the gym, and all I was having was a pot of tea. The waitress was lovely and the tea was great; I got 4 cups of tea from my wee pot! The menu looked amazing and if it wasn't for my belly I would have tried something more. And the biggest surprise of the day (besides the really fancy toilets!) was the cost; only £1.50 for my pot of tea. I shall be back soon and will sample more than just their tea!

1  Thank Melanie H

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Called in for lunch on a cold March day and was very pleased that i did so. The lady who showed us to our table took time to take us through the menu indicating her favourites.Acting on this advice my wife had the risotto and I had the pulled bbq pulled pork. Both meals were delicious. With coffees and a tray bake the bill was £20 which I consider excellent value for what we had.I can certainly recommend you try it.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

An excellent eating venue, easy to relax and mingle if you are a lady on your own! V well priced and a variety of small and large dishes to satisfy any hunger level. Love the tapas!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My first time at the Mac for dinner and a show and I will definitely be back. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the menu is excellent, as was the food. The atmosphere is relaxed with plenty of time and space to enjoy your meal. We reserved our table for the interval in the show and our drinks were waiting for us when we came out, that's what I call service. I cannot rate the Mac highly enough and will find any excuse to return. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited here for the first time on Sunday with a friend. Several staff walked past us waiting at a "wait here to be seated" sign before we were acknowledged and shown to a booth. The menu was quite extensive and we were very impressed with the different options. I went for the battered fillets of ling with chunky chips which were lovely, the only negative thing was the plate that it was served on, it was long and thin and entirely inappropriate - food kept falling off the plate onto the table. My friend had the rabbit linguine, she thoroughly enjoyed the rabbit meat but said that the linguine was very under seasoned and quite bland. It was very reasonably priced £19.90 for two meals and two soft drinks. Will definitely return to try a few more dishes on the menu!