“Room excellent overall experience good”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Room excellent overall experience good”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to location and reviews. It would be wrong to say I didn't enjoy it as the room and staff were 10/10 but I didn't feel relaxed. We arrived early and the room wasn't ready as we expected but when we returned it still wasn't ready for over an hour after check in time and staff all seemed to be a bit frazzled. Very kindly a drink was offered while we waited but we ended up with only 1.30 hrs between checking in and dinner in the grill room. The the restaurant was really busy and again there seemed too few staff to cope. Bar is a public one so after dinner drink meant a queue as only two staff on.

I appreciate there were two big gigs on that night and the city was preparing for a blues festival but, all in all a top hotel like 10 square should be staffed to cope

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Check in was easy. We were lucky to find a parking spot right outside the hotel and the rate is reasonable. Free from 6pm to 8am and only GBP1.10 an hour for normal hours. The room was very spacious, good sized bathroom, warm and cosy lighting and the bed is a super king sized and is super comfy! For GBP95 (with 2 breakfasts), this hotel lives up to expectation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
West Midlands, UK
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Five star reviews get thrown about on here like confetti but Ten Square genuinely deserves it. The staff are incredible, the rooms huge, modern and comfortable, the breakfast immense and the location great (behind City Hall). The beds are gigantic and soft, aiding a proper sleep. The only tiny drawback was the slightly chipped bathtub. If you're visiting Belfast and want a central hotel this has to be on your list.

• Stayed September 2013
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at Ten Square on the night before and the night of my sister's wedding and not only was it a great hotel, it was great for the wedding too! All of the staff was amazing, they could not have been more polite or helpful, anything we needed for the day, we just had to ask...I needed a mint because my mouth was dry and someone immediately appeared with a glass of mints!! The food was gorgeous too, and Jonny was the perfect host, everything ran so smoothly. The rooms were lovely and the honeymoon suite was spectacular and it had been decorated with rose petals which was a lovely touch. We had a champagne breakfast the next morning and again, the staff in the restaurant were so pleasant, even though it was Sunday morning!! We have been back to eat in the restaurant a few times since and it was just as wonderful each time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurles, Ireland
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I and my colleague's were attending the ICTU Conference in Belfast and found the Ten Square Restaurant and Bar a great place to dine in. The Staff were very friendly even when they were very busy and the food was Excellent. I have recommended it to friends visiting Belfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked the restaraunt for our wedding reception on 2nd September without having been in the hotel before hand, from start to finish I was amazed at how professional and welcoming the staff were. As soon as we arrived the bar man welcomed us. Nothing was too much hassle for any of the staff. We had a room booked for the night and we were delighted to find that they had upgraded us to the suite at no extra charge. The room was absolutley stunning with rose petals everywhere. Thank you to all staff and the hotel for making our special day what it was.

• Stayed September 2013
Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked the Ten Square Hotel for my parents & friends overnight stay in Belfast following their visit at the Titanic Museum. When I booked 'Cosy' rooms online I had included a comment that if the 'Wonderful' rooms became available I would like to pay the extra for these more superior rooms. Almost immediately I received a call from the Ten Square saying that the 'Wonderful' rooms weren't available but they would be happy to offer to an upgrade to the 'Fabulous' (higher grade) rooms for the same price as the 'Wonderful'. My parents were extremely impressed with the rooms as they were very, very luxurious. The staff at Ten Square also organised for me without problem the 'Black Cab Tour', offered complimentary glass of wine on arrival & were extremely helpful & friendly to my family. The restaurant was also top notch for both dinner & breakfast. Parking is available at the rear of the hotel but it was possible to park the car on the street which on a Saturday night is free. Even though I didn't stay myself from what I've heard back I will be looking forward to booking this hotel for my Christmas shopping trip to Belfast this year for sure.

Room Tip: The 'Fabulous' rooms sure live up to their name.