“Family Wedding”

Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Family Wedding”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Lots of lovely memories came flooding back when we attended a family wedding here today as probably 8/9 years ago it was the place to go in Belfast for the fine dining restaurant (top chef Niall McKenna now of James Street South) and private club swiping card to gain entry mmhh.. However those days have passed and this was our first occasion back. It was simply a wonderful day with family and friends and though the timing of the food was a little late, it was still jolly good - duck rolls to begin with lovely little Asian salad, followed by Sea bass, wish I had chosen the roast beef however lol, too late......and then a lovely little dessert to finish....nice chilean wines to accompany....all in all good place to have a wedding reception I would suggest.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ten Square prices are probably average for a good restuarant in Belfast, but the food is great quality

I would recommend the fish and chips or scamp and chips - portions are huge and is served in a newspaper - takes me back to a kid! Steak is also very good, and the chicken kebab comes out on a hanger!

Recommend this place :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in great location, magnificent period building sensitively modernised and central setting just behind city hall. I found the hotel staff both helpful and friendly and rooms (mine was a "cosy") comfortable and spacious. Would definitely visit again, this time in a leisure capacity and would heartily recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Adelaide SA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ok we just to live here, so knew about the Hotel location etc.
We stayed for 3 nights in April , was bloody cold outside , but real cosy inside.
Staff check in was excellent , friendly & helpful.
Room was fab , view of City hall .Bathrobes , slippers etc .
We shared the platter in bar , was great. would recommend.
Again all the staff was great ,
Would def stay again when back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times now. And mostly on my own while here on business. When travelling alone I don't mind having a drink alone standing at the bar. But eating is different. It's a little weird sitting alone in a place - and people stare. This place works for me. Really nice welcome, good food and knowledgable bar staff. I recommend the Bang Bang chicken. I can imagine having a too night out here.

Will be here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marquis_of_Salisbury
Louth, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I did not have the pleasure of staying in this hotel, but I ate/drank in the bar over the weekend. There was a great buzz about the hotel, it was busy but not crazy. Location is spot on, you couldnt ask for better in the city centre. We stopped for a couple of drinks, got 2 nice seats at the bar. We ordered a platter to share (which came on a high tea display) which was delicious. One comment I would like to make is about the barman, called "Conor K", he was a pleasure to watch work - he checked every single glass before he poured a drink into it, to make sure it was clean! I don't recall ever seeing a barman so particular. He was constantly shining up the glasses before he served them which never delayed his service might i add. And had lovely banter for all the guests. On our next trip to the city we will definitely be booking into Ten Square!

Room Tip: did not stay in hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasoph
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I treated my Fiance to a night away in Belfast in February. I booked this hotel largely based on the positive reviews on this site and while the hotel itself lived up to expectations our stay was ruined by noisy hen party staying on the same floor. They made a lot of noise in the wee hours and when asked nicely if they could keep the noise down they were abusive. At one stage we had a drunk hen wonder into our room as the hotel still uses old fashioned lock and keys and having had to get up in the middle of the night to ask them to keep quiet I omitted to re-lock the door from the inside.
We complained the following morning and the hotel did deal with the complaint appropriately by apologising and offering a complimentary lunch the next day, however I couldn't help feel that we were cheated out of a Romantic night away. Hotels should plan their room allocations according to types of guests staying and put groups such as these together away from other guests.
Apart from a bad nights sleep I can report that room was lovely and big with comfy bed and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise B
TenSquareHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Ten Square, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your stay at Ten Square Hotel.

At Ten Square we are passionate about our customer service and the experience we deliver to our guests.

Regrettably on this occasion your experience did not meet up to the expectations of our hotel, I have taken the liberty of discussing your comments with the managers and the necessary action has been taken to reassure that there is no repetition in the future.

On a more positive note, I was delighted to read that your room was lovely and our breakfast was excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ten Square Hotel in the not too distant future.