“Glad We Dined Here”

Salt Bistro
Ranked #90 of 1,130 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: new restaurant just opened in April 2012 in the Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, owned by Donal and Teresa Cooper
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at this lovely restaurant run by a husband and wife duo. She is the chef, and he heads the front of the house. Food was excellent as was the service. We enjoyed the three-course, pre-theater specials -- steak with blue cheese and chicken with vegetables for entrees. The superfood salad was fabulous as were our desserts -- a sundae and apple and blackberry crumble.

1  Thank LovetoTravel2828

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A friend and I visited during Restaurant week and took advantage of the three course meal for £25. Excellent value, perfectly cooked steaks, friendly service - very enjoyable all round.

1  Thank rachiboo2487
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Called in for dinner during break to Belfast. The place is quirky and has a good atmosphere.

Food very nice, good selection on the menu. lamb cooked perfectly, and would highly recommend the muscles as a starter.

Service was great without being too obtrusive, and for the quality of food was reasonably priced. would highly recommend.

2  Thank DRojasor
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food was tasty and nicely presented... But a few little details let the whole experience down. We booked that day to eat on the saturday night (21st sept), table for two .... Myself and a girlie chum I was dying for a catch up with. I had managed to get the booking for 6.30pm but had been told on the phone when booking that they would require the table back by 8.15pm which I agreed to. The staff were friendly but when I enquired about one of the specials, whether or not a side order was needed, while they were right that potatoes came with, they did not make clear that the veg was really just a garnish or I would have ordered a side of vegetables. During the main course I believe we were approached at least 3 times by different staff members asking if everything was ok - while I appreciate that its a good thing they were so attentive - it was a bit much, especially with 2 girls in full flow with weeks worth of gossip. Then after our main, at about 8pm they came and asked if we'd like a sweet. I said that I thought they needed the table back by 8.15?? They agreed this was in fact the case after all and apologised for asking if we wanted to order a sweet then, but it took until 8.40pm to get the attention of a member of staff to get the bill. Very odd considering the conversation about needing the table... I also tried to make several attempts at eye contact with staff during those 40 mins, on one occasion a waitress was serving main courses to the table next to us and i looked straight at her, making it obvious I needed her attention, but she just looked at me and then looked away and left. VERY frustrating, especially as they were there in force repeatedly when we had made it clear we DIDNT need them during the meal .... so in the end we would've had time for a dessert after all as they obviously weren't in such a rush for the table after all. Was ok. Wouldn't be in a mad rush back :-(

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I visited on Saturday night with friends from Dublin. The food was exceptionally good - my mussels with Thai green curry to start was sublime! All plates totally cleared for starters and mains which doesn't often happen. Very good wine list which was reasonably priced but should include some Languedoc wines too!
We will be back.