“Excellent food and great service ”
Review of Salt Bistro

Salt Bistro
Ranked #101 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: new restaurant just opened in April 2012 in the Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, owned by Donal and Teresa Cooper
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Called in for dinner during break to Belfast. The place is quirky and has a good atmosphere.

Food very nice, good selection on the menu. lamb cooked perfectly, and would highly recommend the muscles as a starter.

Service was great without being too obtrusive, and for the quality of food was reasonably priced. would highly recommend.

2  Thank DRojasor

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food was tasty and nicely presented... But a few little details let the whole experience down. We booked that day to eat on the saturday night (21st sept), table for two .... Myself and a girlie chum I was dying for a catch up with. I had managed to get the booking for 6.30pm but had been told on the phone when booking that they would require the table back by 8.15pm which I agreed to. The staff were friendly but when I enquired about one of the specials, whether or not a side order was needed, while they were right that potatoes came with, they did not make clear that the veg was really just a garnish or I would have ordered a side of vegetables. During the main course I believe we were approached at least 3 times by different staff members asking if everything was ok - while I appreciate that its a good thing they were so attentive - it was a bit much, especially with 2 girls in full flow with weeks worth of gossip. Then after our main, at about 8pm they came and asked if we'd like a sweet. I said that I thought they needed the table back by 8.15?? They agreed this was in fact the case after all and apologised for asking if we wanted to order a sweet then, but it took until 8.40pm to get the attention of a member of staff to get the bill. Very odd considering the conversation about needing the table... I also tried to make several attempts at eye contact with staff during those 40 mins, on one occasion a waitress was serving main courses to the table next to us and i looked straight at her, making it obvious I needed her attention, but she just looked at me and then looked away and left. VERY frustrating, especially as they were there in force repeatedly when we had made it clear we DIDNT need them during the meal .... so in the end we would've had time for a dessert after all as they obviously weren't in such a rush for the table after all. Was ok. Wouldn't be in a mad rush back :-(

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I visited on Saturday night with friends from Dublin. The food was exceptionally good - my mussels with Thai green curry to start was sublime! All plates totally cleared for starters and mains which doesn't often happen. Very good wine list which was reasonably priced but should include some Languedoc wines too!
We will be back.

3  Thank AnneDoherty
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I visted SALT Bistro in the Cathedral Quarter on Thursday evening last. It was Restaurant Week in Belfast and it was fairly busy when I arrived. I had been to a nearby bar for a pre-dinner drink and so was in the form for some good food and wine. I was not disappointed.

Very friendly staff. As I was alone, I waqs directed to a nice quiet table in the corner. They tried to get me wifi connection for my iPad and although the connection could not be made for technical reasons, they did their best.

Lovely menu - special one for Restaurant Week. Fish Cake to begin. A fabulous glass of Montepulciano - superb taste and the temperature was perfect. I had rib -eye steak with chunky chips. Delicious. Had a small dessert to finish.

Very nice place, great staff - very interested (not in a nosey way) and keen to ensure that I enjoyed Belfast. I did!!!

Thanks to all at SALT. I will be back soon!

3  Thank Carpe D
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my first time to Belfast and was very surprised to find this amazing restaurant. There were a few in that area that sounded inviting. I was very pleased with my choice of the Dahl as was my friend who enjoyed her meal as well. If ever in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to try other wonderful sounding meals.

2  Thank Linda Raye O