“Impressive restaurant in ideal location”
Review of Salt Bistro

Salt Bistro
Ranked #84 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: new restaurant just opened in April 2012 in the Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, owned by Donal and Teresa Cooper
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“Impressive restaurant in ideal location”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The restaurant is located in st. Anne's Square in Belfast, a lovely area of the city with many bars, hotels and The Mac gallery. The restaurant is small but very inviting. There is a varied menu and an extensive wine list. I had the salt and chilli prawn starter which was excellent. I then had the special, which was perfectly cooked hake on a bed of mash. The presentation was really impressive and the staff were very attentive. Definitely recommend it, will be back!

4 Thank Louise C

Nothern Ireland
“Great food & service”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent some time look around the Mac deciding to have lunch there but had noticed Salt Bistro so nipped out to look at their menu. As a vegan I'm a little limited but straight away noticed they offered humus & tapenade with feta salad so thought I'd take my chance and ask if they'd swap the feta for olives and absolutely no problem to them. Salad was flavoursome with generous portions of both the humus and the tapenade and of course the olives I had requested served with lovely warm pita bread. I requested more pita which they didn't add to the bill, nice touch. Husband had steak sandwich which was cooked exactly as he likes it, medium with lovely home baked bread, caramelised onions and beautifully seasoned slim fries.

Wine was nicely chilled, he had dessert the knickerbocker glory which looked lovely full of fresh fruit, jelly and ice cream, tea and coffee good too. Service was friendly very attentive and extremely helpful. I try not to make a fuss demanding vegan food but to rather study the menu and offer alternatives to veganise a dish that I fancy on the menu as I did here and nothing was too much trouble for them.

We will definitely be back again, certainly worth a visit. Good value for quality food.

3 Thank kidshorsesdogs
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch today (7th April). Very nice atmosphere, food was tasty, monkfish goujons were superb. Attentive staff, will definitely be back

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Michael D
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading great reviews I was looking forward to a meal with a couple of friends at Salt. We were seated quickly at a small table by the window, which was so close to the neighbouring tables we could hear everyone's conversations quite clearly.
Our server was prompt with the menus and our order. My starter of breads with tapenade and hummus though plentiful was bland, and when we ordered our main courses we had neglected to read that they didn't come with side dishes. Our server also neglected to point out to all of us that the main courses wouldnt have any veg/ salad potato etc
The main course of sea bass was tasty but it was literally three fillets of fish ontop of some chorizo, without side dishes or dessert I thought it pricey for what we had ordered. At £25 each for a starter, main meal without side dish and shared bottle of wine I was disappointed.

1 Thank 762chez
“Great”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Good food good wine good atmosphere! Excellent!

Would recommend. There isn't a lot on the menu but what they do have is very nicely cooked. Great service too!

3 Thank Borneouk27