“Excellent Service!”

House of Zen
Ranked #105 of 1,107 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cocooned in the Heart of the Cathedral Quarter is the newest addition to the Zen Restaurant Group, the Cool and Elegant House of Zen. The House of Zen blends a little bit of The Orient into the Traditional cobbled streets and cosy bars of the Cathedral Quarter in Belfast.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Part of a large crowd of about 30 people on Saturday night for a 30th birthday and we couldn't have asked for better service. Nothing too much trouble, food served quickly and it was piping hot. Servers all had smiles on their faces considering it was such a large group, I was amazed at their patience levels. It was £26.95 for 2 courses including a choice of either a strawberry daiquiri or cosmo cocktail. Great value for money, easy access to bars in the Cathedral Quarter afterwards, fantastic service. Great job House of Zen!

3  Thank McAuley2007

Reviewed June 7, 2014

2 of us went here for dinner and we were very pleasantly surprised by the food. We had the Crispy Aromatic Duck to share for starters and it was amazing. It was a very large portion and we didn't leave a scrap. We then had the Dim Sum platter and the Dim Sums were just mouth wateringly delicious. We settled on the Salt and Pepper prawns and fried rice for mains and they were gorgeous as well. Overall we were delighted by the very good quality of the food as some Chinese restaurants can be a bit iffy but this one was great. The service was attentive and friendly. A great eating out experience and a gorgeous memorable meal - would highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank DorryD
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I booked the restaurant for my wife's birthday as we where staying in Belfast and next door.

We have been many times before and it is one of her favourites.

When ringing to book I mentioned it was for my wife's birthday and thought nothing more of it. When we arrived at 7pm we where lead to our seats; a nice intimate booth, and to our surprise they had balloons and birthday banners put up for her, a very nice touch. We were given our menus and left for a minute to look at the drinks menu. when the waiter came back he took our orders, mine a cocktail and my wife's a Mocktail. Now for anyone who doesn't know what this is, its a an non alcoholic cocktail. while they went to get our drinks prepared a waitress brought down a complimentary cocktail for me and my wife, on the house to celebrate her birthday, this left my wife happy but blushing, lol she said she felt like a princess. The waiter then came and took our order and quickly returned with the prawn crackers. the meal was delicious as always and we ended it with the Buddha beads, my wife's favourite dessert. this came with an extra surprise, a sparkling candle and the waiter singing happy birthday to my wife, to which most of the restaurant joined in.

A truly great experience, and highly recommended

4  Thank Gary C
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate here Saturday afternoon sat outside in the sunshine. St Anne's Square is lovely. Our food was tasty and arrived quickly. The mains weren't particularly spicy despite being described as such but still tasted great. Service was excellent. The vast cocktail menu is amazing and the ones we sampled were all superb. We had the 2 courses for £9.50 menu and would definitely go again if in Belfast.

2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went last week party of 6. Sat in nice booth and decor quite good but in places you could see it was getting near refurbishment time.
Drinks order taken quickly but no complimentary prawn crackers - maybe they forgot!

Starters some good some average. Aromatic duck quite good but not enough scallions or Hoi sin sauce. The stay chicken skewers good but my garlic smoked chicken just tasted dry and looked a bit like chicken nuggets I wouldn't order these again.
Main courses again varied in quality and flavour etc. But the biggest disappointment was the boiled rice which came out in a small bowl and was all stuck together maybe it was supposed to be like this but the menu didn't say sticky rice!
To sum up not bad meal in not bars surrounds with a nice vibe about the place.
Would I go back not sure as there are much better Chinese restaurants.

1  Thank 1STTIMEBERLIN