“Great, just great”

The Orchard Cafe & Outside Catering
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Orchard Cafe & Outside Catering is located in the heart of Queens Quarter. We offer a fresh affordable menu for all tastes. We are a local social enterprise in the cafe and catering industry. Whether you drop in for a bit of lunch or are planning a big event we can help you out. Our mission, as part of The Orchardville Society is to work in partnership with young people and adults with learning disability to prepare them for employment and greater independence.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's not the quality of the food that makes this place great, although it is really good. It's not the price, although it is really reasonable. It wasn't the décor although it was fine and the music was much better than the usual café dross. It wasn't even the folk I was with although they're pretty impressive. It's that this is what a healthy society should be about - giving folk a hand to be all that they can be, not by charity but by allowing them to make a real contribution to a real commercial venture. I don't know if it makes money but we ought to support Orchard to make sure it does. (Why not put your prices up a bit chaps?) This is good quality grub well served by nice friendly people. I'll most certainly be back.

I had an Ulster Fry. It came with beans in a wee bowl to allow the discerning palate to set them aside with a harrumph that says that beans have no place in an Ulster Fry or for the less discerning to simply eat and enjoy. I harrumphed... then ate them anyway. Well, it was lunch time not breakfast and that does allow a certain latitude. And lest you think this review is mere emotionalism, on the "Ulster Fry Scale", this fry scored an impressive 8/10.

3  Thank UlsterFryNo1
There are newer reviews for The Orchard Cafe & Outside Catering

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I absolutely loved this place. It's amazing. Great food, great atmosphere, lovely surroundings, great service all provided with a dollop of admiration for what us being achieved here. We need more places like this.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just paid my second visit to the Orchard Cafe. Again absolutely wonderful food, perfect service. The staff are lovely and I think this is a fantastic project to help people gain self worth. Brendan is brilliant with the staff and customers and definitely deserves a mention. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and will certainly be back, in fact will probably make it a frequent visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Friday 10th may we has a living social deal I had a lovely Greek salad with home made bread my partner had mash & 2 very large lamb sausages l also had a slice of coffee & walnut cake desi had apple tart with ice cream yum lovely food & so cheap aii the the staff are lovely special people it's a wonderful project & such a happy café to go to well worth a visit .

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is one of the nicest places in Belfast to pop into for a bite to eat. The daily specials are very good (and cheap). The restaurant is run by the Orchardville Society and provides an excellent training ground for members interested in catering.
You are provided with a paper and pencil to write down your order and your food/coffee/special is served very quickly. The quality is excellent.
We had a young child with us and we were offered crayons for him. The staff were all very helpful .If you are looking for a quick snack I recommend the scones and Lattes.

1  Thank KingKirby