“Tasty Sunday brunch”

Cafe Le Petit Ormeau
Ranked #49 of 85 Coffee & Tea in Belfast
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tasty Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Called in for Sunday brunch with my family, it was fairly busy so servers seemed a bit behind themselves and stressing understandably. However food coffee and orange juice were all great and staff were friendly despite their stress! Overall great for a wee Sunday brunch and get an extra member of staff in to get the service a bit of a more relaxed flow that you want on a Sunday!

• Visited June 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“where's the passion?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Opened a couple years ago, started of well, however the place is looking a bit shabby recently.

Sorry to say the menu is going the same way -same old same old, shouldn't cafes try and offer a least a seasonal change of menu, or specials.

I honestly believe their passion is gone-c'est la vie

• Visited May 2014
7 Thank 481TrevorMac
N Ireland
“The jury's still out on this one!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had read the previous reviews about the slow service but thought we'd give it a try for ourselves. We had a table booked for 6.30 and the staff were very clear both from the time of booking and during the meal that we had to vacate the table for 8.30. This was a tapas menu and it was lovely to try a non spanish version which would allow the more adventurous to try lots of different things.
The menu was great for my friends but very limited for me who while not vegetarian, likes more veg than meat. There was a lot of duck lamb and pork, but only one beef option. The French onion tart was very flavoursome with a lovely light crust. The crab was lost in the mayonnaise and was very fishy ( in my view fish and seafood tastes more fishy the less fresh it becomes!). The beef was so tender it fell apart and was succulent however I had asked for the potatoes (tartiflette) which the waiter explained were like potatoes au gratin but didn't let me know there was ham on top and inside (I do not eat pork).
The cheese board was excellent and the coffees and sweet board to die for. Overall service was very slow but then we weren't in a rush. The waiter was friendly and helpful. Food was tasty but limited menu. Wouldn't rush back for tapas. It was good to BYO but I don't understand why we had to pay £2 per bottle corkage when they were screw tops.

• Visited May 2014
Belfast
“Brilliant brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We tried Petit Ormeau today for brunch on recommendation from friends and also I been meaning to try previously . Brunch menu had quite a variety of options and we will definitely go back again based on today's experience . The place was busy and quite noisy - if we had been in a more delicate state though , it would not have been the right choice of venue due to the noise but we did acclimatise shortly after arriving. Despite being busy, our order was taken promptly and our large americanos came out quickly - the coffee was great and of a decent size so petit ormeau was off to a good start particularly as far as my boyfriend was concerned. We did have to wait a while for our food but was not too bad given how busy they were and well the food was worth waiting for. I had the croque Madame which was served with fries and slaw and my boyfriend had a pulled pork type filled roll with fries and slaw. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. Will definitely to back as there were numerous things on the brunch menu that I would like to try. Very impressed.

Visited May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Bad business”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Arrived first customers for breakfast at 10am. Asked for toast and a boiled egg but was told that because Sundays are busy the chef could only scramble or poach eggs. I asked the waiter to ask the chef to make an exception because the restaurant was still quiet. The reply from the chef was 'NO'. Needless to say we left and got boiled eggs further down the road. Disappointing since until today I was a weekly customer.

Visited May 2014