“Go now before the queues start”

Kathmandu Kitchen Nepalese & Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,055 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kathmandu is a New restaurant in Belfast offers Nepalese and Indian food. The Kathmandu Kitchen would be an inspiring ethnic restaurant, would offers a unique dining experience combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, healthy Nepalese food and excellent services in Belfast.
belfast
“Go now before the queues start”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

As soon as I walked in the door I thought to myself, "nice vibe". I was met by cool Indian (?) music playing in the background, a large cheery dining area and a smiling host. The menu is extensive with a great veggie selection. The first spoonful of the bean soup transported me back to that little backstreet restaurant in Pokhara, West Nepal when .... (but that's another story). Yes, it hit the spot. I also had a set vegetarian meal - a bit like a Thali but fewer courses with larger servings. Couldn't fault it. The crowd was quite cosmopolitan, which added to the welcoming buzz. A great place which I highly recommend. Go and enjoy.

1 Thank MartinJi

• Czech first
Adelaide, Australia
“A good dining experience, no complaints, no great highs either”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We ate here for dinner mid September. No complaints about the food or service, or the decor for that matter, but it wasn't a rave meal. If anything the spice in the food was dumbed down a bit for our palates, and even when choosing a spicy hot dish it was still very mild. Pleasant all the same and I am sure perfect for many peoples tastes. Maybe a little on the expensive side overall when including drinks. Worth a try though.

• Visited September 2012
Whitehead, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food Great service !!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We ate here on the 13th Oct 2012 (Sat Evening) one vegeterian and 3 meat eaters in the party.
Thouroughly enjoyed the meal, the service, and the restaurant. I cook a lot of home cooked Indian food so to get food of this quality, freshness and home cooked flavours is such a change in Belfast and a great pleasure - we mostly had the Nepalese specialities and the MoMo lamb dumpling starter was an absolute winner - these do take extra time becuase they are freshly cooked and steamed but are well worth the wait. I do like my food very hot so will ask them to up the fresh green chilli content in some of the dishes next time. The Himalayan Nepalese Curry is quite hot and full of fresh flavours.
I certainly will come back.

4 Thank Ronnie M
Uk
“Excellent fresh food and great customer service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

3 of us ate there last night, we had the special Nepalese dish and curry and stir fry. Food had lovely fresh ingredients and would recommended all, good sized portions, we also had the Chilean merlot it was lovely. There was also a nice touch of nepalese music in the background. Have to make a special point of the cleanliness was the best i have seen in any restaurant, as we're the toilets. Look forward to returning.,

3 Thank Traveller-girl2-UK
Devizes, United Kingdom
“HIGHLIGHT”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Personal and excellent service, treated me as a valued customer. Interesting food with unusual combination of spices beautifully prepared and good value. I received complimentary popadoms and drink.

3 Thank jobberdave