“Delicious and great value”

Kathmandu Kitchen Nepalese & Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kathmandu is a New restaurant in Belfast offers Nepalese and Indian food. The Kathmandu Kitchen would be an inspiring ethnic restaurant, would offers a unique dining experience combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, healthy Nepalese food and excellent services in Belfast.
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Popped for the quick lunch and it was excellent.

Very tasty soup followed by chicken dish. The flavours seemed to be a mixture of hot and sour and were different and delightful. They also appear to be a bit lighter and more healthy than the normal Indian fare.

Reasonably nice place and comfortable seats. Enjoyed the music which was Jethro Tull style flute playing with some mean guitar. They also played the track by the great Bob Seger which shares its title with the restaurant.

2 courses and a reasonable glass of wine for less than a tender - excellent.

5  Thank grumpyoldulsterman

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Having live in Nepal and eating Nepali food every day for a year we thought we would give the Kathmandu kitchen a try and we were not disappointed.

I had dhal Bhaat masu and my wife had dhal Bhaat tarkuri which in our experience is the stable meal of all Nepali people. We were not disappointed very nice meal and as close as you can get to authentic nepali in northern Ireland. Not as spicy hot as served in the terai but that is a good thing!

We will go back and try Momo again another authentic Nepali dish.

Would love it if you could serve goat and water buffolow, and rice wine too.

Overall price was very good, £40 for papadoms, 1 starter, 2 dinners, 1 beer and 1soft drink, 1 coffee and 1chia tea.

Staff were very good and even made me chia which wasnt on the menu, typical nepali people, very nice, warm and tentative. It was an absolute pleasure to dine in your restaurant.

We will be back!

5  Thank N0iseb0y
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've a friend from Northern India who states that the Kathmandu kitchen is just Indian food, however the menu (available on their website) is quite different from any other Indian restaurant I have been to. It has a number of very tasty Nepalese dishes that are new to my palate, along with the traditional Indian favourites. The owner was telling me that he is trying to import Nepalese beer to serve in the restaurant too.

The staff are very friendly, the decor is nice and the service is great. The restaurant is in a good location and open until 11pm (which is unusual in Belfast). They also have an extremely good value lunch menu too.

The Kathmandu kitchen is definitely worth a visit if you are a fan of Nepalese or Indian cuisine.

7  Thank sdempsey
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Thought my husband and I would try this new restaurant in Botanic and we weren't disappointed. The staff were very friendly, choice of food was excellent and very tasty. My husband had a traditional Nepalese dinner which was curry, dal, raita, pickle, rice and naan. for £15. I had vegetarian food, beautiful, lots of flavour and good portion size. Thay have a meal deal for two that is £34.95, starter, main and bottle if wine. My husband said it was the best curry he has had. Think we will be back!!

9  Thank loulouok
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Yankee Doodle and I washed up at the Kathmandu Kitchen before going to see Legally Blonde at the GOH. We were greeted by the warm aroma of spice and my mouth started to water straight away. The staff could not have been more accommodating and gracious. We were given complimentary popadoms and dips. A lovely welcome touch. I wish they would open a restaurant in Ballymoney.
The food was excellent and I was so impressed I took what I couldn't eat away with me. Everything was delicious and I will go back again and again.
Thanks for a treat peeps.

8  Thank BallymoneyNumptynuts