“fantastic”

Aunt Sandra's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took my 2 daughters to Aunt Sandras on 13/07/13. when we arrived we were amazed with the beautiful sweet shop. The staff were so friendly you couldnt ask for better. Not only did my girls enjoy the experience but my hubby, sis inlaw, bro inlaw and myself truly enjoyed it. I would really reccommend calling into Aunt Sandras. prepare to be spoilt for choice lol.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"humour"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ok, we did take the kids but I enjoyed it every bit as much as they did. Wasn't sure what to have expected, but I'd guessed the time would be spent in the kitchen learning all about the production process. Instead what we got was an hour and a half of the hilarious 'Uncle Jim' who told us the story of how the family business was built and demonstrated to us the art of making boiled sweets and other various candy creations. Every group got a prize in the quiz at the end and nobody left empty handed. Marshmallows dipped in Belgian chocolate on the way out through the kitchen before heading into the shop of wonders!! Every sweet you had as a child and more on offer!
Overall a unique experience that you won't find anywhere else.
If you're reading this because you are a visitor thinking of coming to see the sites of Belfast, don't miss this little gem. Tell 'Uncle Jim' and 'The Grumpy man' I said hello :)

2  Thank Colin S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had an excellent afternoon being entertained by the wonderful "Uncle Jim". He is a natural children's entertainer, and the story telling has an almost pantomime feel to it.

The lollies are very tasty, giving the kids some lovely memories, and bringing back some memories to me.

Thanks Jim.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took our 8 year old son and 11 year old daughter to see Uncle Jim at Aunt Sandra's on the 20th July. Jim told the story of how the business started in 1940 in a down to earth and amusing way, he demonstrated how lollipops and sweets were made with non stop audience participation especially for the children who were transfixed by Jims
storytelling throughout. Traditional side of Belfast not spoilt by commercialisation, one for locals and tourists alike.