“great experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I used a living social voucher to visit this restaurant and wasn't disappointed. The voucher cost £15 and it was for 2 starters, 2 mains with 2 sides and 2 desserts and 2 drinks (soft) we brought a bottle of wine with no corkage charge; amazing value. I was so impressed that I would be happy to pay regular prices which are good anyway. There was no special menu so I was able to order king prawn tempura for starters and a thai curry for main, the sticky rice and mango & cream for dessert was delicious. The food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed...even though the restaurant was empty at the time being 5pm and the service was attentive and informative. The main thing was that there was no attitude using a voucher, of such good value, that I have encountered before (at MENU at Donegall Pass), they knew the offer and were pleased to deliver on it. I loved that it was small and local. Well done Basil, I was there to celebrate a friends birthday and had a great time; would definitely return.

1  Thank IsabellM
There are newer reviews for Basil

Reviewed May 24, 2012

VFM excellent
food superb,
best starter i've had in years, fantastic prawns followed by a delicious Thai main

Good selection, thoroughly enjoyable, BUO, off licence across the road
One word of caution its quite small but we were there at 6 and couldnt have been better.
Well done first class attentive service with mouth watering food

2  Thank bigmacAntrim
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Went last Friday to use Groupon deals and after reading the reviews I was rather apprehensive but I have to say that the lack of fine decor was made up by the friendly ,helpful waiter. We ordered a mixture of Thai and Italian dishes and each one was very acceptable. The cafe/restaurant does not have a corkage charge and with an off license just across the road we were able to enjoy a cheap night out. I would consider returning again as prices very tempting

2  Thank AdaBanbridge
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We visited Basil Restaurant at Finaghy in Belfast as a foursome. This establishment proclaims homage to the use of the herb Basil in their cooking and we were interested in the fact that it has a combined Italian or Thai menu. Among our party we took choices from both types and were not disappointed in either, including their bruchetta starter, pasta and Thai green curry mains, fried banana or tiramisu deserts. We got a great deal on a Groupon offer and enjoyed our meal very much. Efficient service and pleasant simple style of place, we will be back.

3  Thank Sean Q
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I phoned in a take away order only to be told "no, you cant place an order we are too busy!" the man was soooo rude. My boyfriend phoned back to place an order and the man said "ok," and was going to take the order until we said it was with a groupon voucher. The man said "No we treat groupon customers different to our normal customers." he argued with my boyfriend for 10 minutes before telling us "do not leave it until the last minute in future!" Iv never been spoken to more rudely by anyone!