“Basil not Faulty Here!”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We visited Basil Restaurant at Finaghy in Belfast as a foursome. This establishment proclaims homage to the use of the herb Basil in their cooking and we were interested in the fact that it has a combined Italian or Thai menu. Among our party we took choices from both types and were not disappointed in either, including their bruchetta starter, pasta and Thai green curry mains, fried banana or tiramisu deserts. We got a great deal on a Groupon offer and enjoyed our meal very much. Efficient service and pleasant simple style of place, we will be back.

3  Thank Sean Q

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I phoned in a take away order only to be told "no, you cant place an order we are too busy!" the man was soooo rude. My boyfriend phoned back to place an order and the man said "ok," and was going to take the order until we said it was with a groupon voucher. The man said "No we treat groupon customers different to our normal customers." he argued with my boyfriend for 10 minutes before telling us "do not leave it until the last minute in future!" Iv never been spoken to more rudely by anyone!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Ate with a discount voucher and had a great meal. Portions not overly generous but suited me. Basic food - not fine dining but hot, tasty and great value. Was very busy which is always a good sign. Very good for quick eating but not for a romantic night out. Essential to book as very small and obviously popular. Waiter was very friendly and efficient. Well done.

1  Thank maysiemae
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Tried to book a table using a voucher I had purchased. Was told it was booked out but I could use the voucher for a takeaway. When I tried to order the takeaway at about 7.45 I was told they were too busy and couldn't take any orders until after 9.00. I rang again after 9 and I felt the order was accepted begrudgingly. When it arrived one of the sides was missing and we were not impressed with the standard of the food that was delivered. The rice was dried up and hard and the pizza had very little in the way of toppings.
i really felt they didn't want the business because I was using a voucher and if these are supposed to be a method of encouraging new business it didn't work. Definitely would not use again!

1  Thank KristinaUk
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife, brother and myself decide to go one friday evening around half 6. We used a livingsocial voucher we had purchased. Well, finally after waiting an hour and ten mniutes we eventually got our order. The place wasnt that busy and the order was wrong. But not before witnessing one sit in customer complain to staff that he had found a spider in his main course. On hearing this the chef looked at it, only to reply that it wasnt a spider but a mosquito! The customer lost the plot and smashed the plate on the floor, demanded a refund, didnt get it and stormed out. THE WORST TAKEAWAY/RESTAURANT I'VE EVER BEEN IN. TERRIBLE.