“Great Food, Nice atmosphere”
Review of Home Restaurant

Home Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 1,107 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The food at home is vibrant and bold yet familiar and comforting making our customers happy and our team proud. Made fresh every day, free from preservatives and colourings, we always try to source our foods locally from Northern Ireland or as close to home as we can. Top class meats as well as veggie, vegan and gluten free.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited Home for a quick lunch last Friday, very busy when we went in, had a seat at the bar and a drink for 10mins, so its just aswell we were not in a rush back to the office. Seated after 10mins and served our lunches quickly by friendly staff. I had a super salad with chicken which was delicious, my friend had the vegetable broth soup. Both enjoyed our food , atmosphere was great in and out in 45mins, total for lunch £17.49 for two with drinks , pretty reasonable i thought, well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I Visited this restaurant when it was in its 'pop-up' form and had an amazing meal. The new permanent restaurant has all the feel and great service that I got last time but regrettably the food was disappointing. The (tiny) prawn cocktail on toast was bland at best but my main course of roast venison was well....just really really bad. Served rare, it was possibly the toughest cut of meet I've had.
Positives; The staff are friendly and the location excellent.
I dinned during the Xmas party season which could be a factor for the poor food but, having said that, a restaurant of this standard should know better.

1  Thank boboangus
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Been here 3 times- the 1st for lunch was great really nice and one guy who served me and my sister had a lovely time :) however, both times since then have been terrible! Bad service, long wait for food, waiting for table with not enough seating! I really wouldn't go again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to Home with a group of friends during the week. Was very impressed with the menu, but noticed that it was quite expensive compared to other similar restaurants in the city centre/ east belfast that we would usually go to. However, I assumed that it would be worth paying that bit extra for excellant food and service. The food was amazing, no complaints at all. We all enjoyed our meals.
However, the service during the whole experience was sloppy and almost quite dismissive and rude at times. It was very difficult to get the attention of the waiting staff and when we did they always seemed to be in a rush to get away even though the restaurant was really quite quiet.
Such a pity because the food was delicious and at a time when the city centre restaurants are asking for the support of the public it would be a pity to be lose business by the waiting staff in what should have been a fantastic dining experience.

4  Thank emmalouisebangor
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went here before Christmas as part of a fairly large group of about a dozen people including a 3 year old child, to celebrate an occasion.

The food was amazing. Service excellent. The staff were also lovely with the toddler, who was welcome in the restaurant even though it was evening - we dined at about 630pm.

Can't wait to go back again.