“Great experience!”

Ranked #25 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The food at home is vibrant and bold yet familiar and comforting making our customers happy and our team proud. Made fresh every day, free from preservatives and colourings, we always try to source our foods locally from Northern Ireland or as close to home as we can. Top class meats as well as veggie, vegan and gluten free.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great experience!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Been thinking so much about my visit to Home last week I thought id put up a quick review. Was there for a girly lunch on wednesday afternoon. Glad we got there early as before long all tables were full. Service was quick but friendly. Food was so tasty. I had the pie of the day (beef and stilton), not something I would usually go for but so glad I did. Tender beef, full of flavour, and so full I didnt need to eat for the rest of the day. The girls had a salmon dish, and fish of the day (roast sole). They both raved about the food and the buzzing atmosphere. We all cant wait to go back and experience more of Home!!!

Belfast
“Definitely worth a try”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We checked Trip Advisor for a recommendation for eating out in town and Home (the Popup is the style of restaurant but not in the name on the sign) came in at number 6 and was new to us. Even through we wanted a table for 5 on a Saturday evening with 2 days notice the member of staff on the phone was very cooperative and actively found a slot even when the initial times seemingly weren't available.
The setting is just off the main road in front of City Hall so very central, but in a small street so pleasantly quite. The decor is reupholstered by local artists and can be bought (along with everything else except for several standard issue restaurant square wooden tables, no idea why these were so prized) and there is enough space not to be intruding on other tables. We did not notice the temperature inside so this seemed to be well judged.
The service was friendly and knowledgable and the food arrived soon after ordering. My wife and I had the steak and she noted it as being the best steak she had eaten in Belfast, high praise for an Argentine who was brought up on some of the best meat in the world! The pork dish and duck salads also went down very well. The dessert was a birthday cake, bought out with dessert plates, cutlery and a candle (no 'corkage' fee for byo pudding!) and, even better, no ritual humiliation by the staff encouraging everyone to join in with a round of 'Happy birthday'!
Apparently the restaurant will soon be relocating within the city centre after a 6 month lease, this being the method of a Popup restaurant, and I don't doubt that the new site will provide the same quality of fare.

• Visited March 2012
“10 / 10 for Home Popup”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Had a fantastic night at Home Popup last night. Most of us tried the polenta starter - which was superb. My main course was the lamb tagine which certainly didn't disappoint - beautifully cooked. Huge fan of this place - undoubtably one of the best restaurants in Belfast and the fact that it's BYO help make it a really good value night.

Northern Ireland
“Popped in for fab lunch!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I've been following Home Popup on Twitter for some time but had only visited once for soup and sandwich before today. Today my friend and I enjoyed their special of salt n chilli monkfish. It was delicious and great value. I would recommend giving it a whirl, it's tucked away in Callendar Street behind M&S . Lovely food and great service

Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“your own wine and totally divine”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Home from home, a fun relaxed eating experence. Friendly staff without being to intrusive, which make me feel right at "home". The food was always well presented and full of flavour. Its nice when you try a new restaurant and you taste some thing you just haven't had before. As with Home all restaurants should be bring your own," the wine you like with out paying through the nose for it". To finish the decor was easy on the eyes and hats of to the anorak author of the background music. Thanks peeps will visit you again next time I'm in Belfast.

• Visited December 2011