“Good Food Good Service.”
Review of Cargoes Cafe - CLOSED

Cargoes Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe and Bistro on the vibrant Lisburn Road, Belfast. Specialising in freshly prepared breakfasts, lunches and evening meals, using locally sourced ingredients
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Excellent little Cafe at 613 Lisburn Road Belfats with nice menu. Girlfriend and myself had a great breakfast at reasonable price. Nice breakfast fry without the now all too obligatory soda bread, tattie bread bulking-out that accompanies such breakfasts at other Norn Iron eateries!

Pleasant change of pace and easy on the waistline!

Give CarGoes a try you won't be dissappointed.

Did I mention that the services was second to none?

It was!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Entering the attractive little coffee shop I had high hopes for a delightful experience this lunch time, however, my hopes were to be short lived. We went in at 12:05 and walked towards the counter were a lovely girl gave us some menus and told us to take a seat and she wud be with us in a few minutes to take our order. Looking down the menu it was very standard with nothing very adventurous, so I decided on the bacon, brie and avacado panini. Waiting for our order to be taken I noticed another coulple that had come in and sat down long after us but yet they were attended to immediately even having their order taken before ours while we were continued to be ignored, eventually having our order taken at 12:20. There were only 4 tables being used with 2 people at each, how would they cope on a busy day? Also, the cafe could definately do with a little background music to give it something that resembles an atmosphere. So waiting on our lunch, a table of three people arrived in who ordered a late breakfast which would usually take slighly longer to cook with everything involved in a fry as opposed to sandwiches, paninis, etc. At 12:40 they were served their lunch time breakfast while we continued to wait for our paninis which were nowhere in sight and with none of the 4 staff working, seeming to concerned about the customers on the cafe floor. I don't understand how with so many staff working and so little customers how a team can be so unproductive? Eventually, one of the staff brought our paninis over at 12:50 (a full 30 minutes after we ordered) with a rather concerned look on his face asking was everything ok? I was so hungry at this stage I just said, "fine" so I could eat my lunch quickly because I had an appointment on the lisburn road at 1:00. The panini was not much to look at, with very little brie or avacado in it, was more like a bacon buddy, very bland and tasteless and not worth how much it cost. I ate half ot it and then had to leave because I would have been late if I had stayed any longer to finish my meal. It is such a pity, this place has a fantastic location and so much potential but the customer service and quality of food really do let it down, in future people would be better writing a letter to santa with their order, at least then it would arrive by christmas long before coming out of this kitchen!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice interior. Nice outdoor terrace. Good food and coffee. But poor service - very slow to come to your table when you arrive. Would give V .Gd rating if service improves.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just went for afternoon tea at cargoes deli on the lisburn road and i have to say the staff and food were great highly recommend going for a treat.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have had breakfast several times recently and found cargoes to be consistently good. Good quality bacon, eggs and toast. The owners appear to be present most days taking care of business, polishing their tea sets etc in preparation for afternoon tea which is also great but requires booking in advance.