“Excelent,really nice ,we gonna be back”
Review of Hot Pot - CLOSED

Hot Pot
Cuisines: Chinese
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent,really nice ,we gonna be back”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a very nice dinner in a very cold winter evening,we really enjoyed the hot pot which we ask to be really hot and was the spiced we ever had.U have a choice off a buffet and u can eat as much as u can,a brilliant idea.We coming back soon.The price is fair and the service is good.Cristina A.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Crys83

northern ireland
“Fun place to eat with only yourself to blame if the food is over cooked”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to the restaurent after reading reviews from this site. You select food from a buffet and then cook it your self. A wide range of foods (meat, fish or vegetable) are either fried or boiled in soup. You can either add spices and herbs before you cook or add sauces afterwards. Either way the food tastes great I would recomment the fish soup to cook in (much better that the plain)
The staff are freindly (and helpful), good value (four us ate with drinks for £90)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank john_whit
“One word "Fantastic"”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a gem of a place. From the outside looks like a cafe. Don't let that put u off. I had the buffet which you cook on a hot plate and a bbq set in the table and cook yourself. And mix your own spice dip.
Until today i was not into japanese food. And all you can eat too. Now i am a convert.
If you enjoy lots of variety of meats fish and veg and cooking for yourself. I highly recommend it.

Barry D

3 Thank bassad
Belfast, United Kingdom
“exciting”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

fun place to grill and boil your meal. nice variety in the menu at a fair price. be prepared to smell like hot pot when you finish! really enjoyable and perfect to go with friends

Visited July 2012
:London
“A little gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

On a weekend jolly to Belfast recently I spied Hot Pot a block away from the Days Hotel where I was staying. Though its on a main road, it can be a bit blink and miss, even though its white and looked nice and clean. I was a) surprised that it was a bit empty for a Saturday night, even though it opens up till 1am at night and b) a bit suspicious of the £15.99 all you can eat hot pot on offer.

Well no need to be suspicious. This is good hearty food. And plenty of it.

I ordered the Hot Pot, and they turned on the bbq and gave me a boiling bowl of spicy soup. I'm a big chilli fan, and though the broth was great, be aware it is VERY spicy. They set down some fresh prawns, and thin slices of meat to keep me company straight from the off. The buffet section also featured beef and chicken, white fish, squid, tripe, dumplings, fishballs, chinese veges, noodles and various sauces. More than enough variety for everyone. Usually buffets feature some dodgy offcuts for meat and seafood is usually a bit hit and miss, but everything looked fresh and appetising. Service was diligent, and I was offered unprompted top ups on the meat and prawns when I was finished, which was pleasant.

They also seem to have a karaoke area upstairs which seems very popular (moreso than the food). Overall a good experience and one that I would recommend heartily.

• Visited July 2012