“One word "Fantastic"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hot Pot
Cuisines: Chinese
“One word "Fantastic"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a gem of a place. From the outside looks like a cafe. Don't let that put u off. I had the buffet which you cook on a hot plate and a bbq set in the table and cook yourself. And mix your own spice dip.
Until today i was not into japanese food. And all you can eat too. Now i am a convert.
If you enjoy lots of variety of meats fish and veg and cooking for yourself. I highly recommend it.

Barry D

3 Thank bassad

Belfast, United Kingdom
“exciting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

fun place to grill and boil your meal. nice variety in the menu at a fair price. be prepared to smell like hot pot when you finish! really enjoyable and perfect to go with friends

Visited July 2012
:London
“A little gem of a restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

On a weekend jolly to Belfast recently I spied Hot Pot a block away from the Days Hotel where I was staying. Though its on a main road, it can be a bit blink and miss, even though its white and looked nice and clean. I was a) surprised that it was a bit empty for a Saturday night, even though it opens up till 1am at night and b) a bit suspicious of the £15.99 all you can eat hot pot on offer.

Well no need to be suspicious. This is good hearty food. And plenty of it.

I ordered the Hot Pot, and they turned on the bbq and gave me a boiling bowl of spicy soup. I'm a big chilli fan, and though the broth was great, be aware it is VERY spicy. They set down some fresh prawns, and thin slices of meat to keep me company straight from the off. The buffet section also featured beef and chicken, white fish, squid, tripe, dumplings, fishballs, chinese veges, noodles and various sauces. More than enough variety for everyone. Usually buffets feature some dodgy offcuts for meat and seafood is usually a bit hit and miss, but everything looked fresh and appetising. Service was diligent, and I was offered unprompted top ups on the meat and prawns when I was finished, which was pleasant.

They also seem to have a karaoke area upstairs which seems very popular (moreso than the food). Overall a good experience and one that I would recommend heartily.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Seraphial
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Quality chinese - beautiful meal - service is difficult when English is not spoken or understood well by the waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We dined here quite late at night about 9.45pm - glad of the late night service as most places in Belfast stop serving at 9pm!

We had duck for starter and chicken curry and prawns (cooked in their shells) for main - the food was faultless - top quality Chinese.

The drinks are limited in terms of choice and the difficulty with the waitress not speaking English very well means you cannot really deviate from the menu - I would have liked a west coast cooler or alco pop but a rose spritzer is as close as you can get.

There are hot plates on the tables and I think you can cook your own food - we didn't choose this option and I was a bit disappointed we couldn't turn them on to get a bit of warmth as the restaurant was freezing!

We were the only diners but there were lots of young Chinese at the back of the restaurant - some eating some not: it seems the place to go - seeing Chinese eating in a Chinese restaurant does give me encouragement to be honest.

On the way out we seen a poster for lobster - we will be back - hopefully its not so cold in the restaurant on our next visit!

1 Thank NorthIrelandexplorer
Chicago
“Really Unique, Fun and Tastey Experience! Highly Recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place is great! You definitly want to try their table grill and hot pot deal! It is a lot of food, but all veg and meat so you don't walk away stuffed...or as stuffed as if you at a bunch of bread, rice or something like that.

We really liked the grill...the lamb was good (but the after taste lingered for hours after!)...the chicken was awesome, as was the calamari. They have tons of stuff on the bar and it is all you can eat - some of it though was a bit too traditional chinese for me - tripe, stomach and such...

This is a GREAT place for a foursome of friends...not a bad date place (but NOT a first date...wait till you are comfortable with each other!) The prices are good and it is really fun to cook your own food! I wish I had tried some of the more adventurous stuff, but couldn't bring myself to do.

• Visited February 2012