“Like a floating hotel”

Stena Superfast VIII
Ranked #31 of 234 things to do in Belfast
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had my first trip on this boat last night for the Stena Line Burns Night Cruise. The whole experience was wonderful. The food was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful (particularly Tracy), and the interior was very comfortable. We availed of the free x-box games and internet access points and enjoyed browsing the extensive selection of perfumes in the shop. I can not fault this boat in any way and look forward to my next trip with Stena Line.

1  Thank Groidcognac1971

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I used the Ferry for the 'Rail and Sail' package to Edinburgh for Hogmanay.

I travelled on the early morning service. The ship was clean, tidy and had plenty of different areas to explore. Unfortunately, a couple of things let the trip down. I queued for 25 minutes, to get breakfast in the cafe, there seemed to be a lot of staff working however they all appeared to be 'doing there own thing', there was no co-ordination amongst them. For example, they were serving one customer, going to get toast, and then waiting of the chef providing the food, rather than working the queue and serving the next customer whilst they were waiting. The food itself was tasty, albeit a little on the expensive side £8 for a sausage & egg bap and a drink. I was able to get a comfortable seat for the duration of the sailing,

The return journey was very packed, At the port the walkway was broke and we had to be transported to the ship via bus, which caused a lot of frustration amongst passengers, as there was a mad 'surge' to get a seat on the sailing when we got onboard. I managed to mind a comfortable little spot for myself on a bench! Some passengers were left to wander around during the crossing.

Arriving back in Belfast there was a 30 minute wait for the bag I checked in.

Positives:
Cheap to travel
Allows feasibility of carrying large amounts of luggage

Negatives:
Onboard catering expensive
Possibility of slow service from catering staff
Might not get a seat.

Would I travel again? - Yes probably as long as I wasn't in a rush.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I decided to take the ferry from Ireland to Scotland rather than a discount airline and I was so happy I did. The boat was lovely and the crew was fantastic. It was like a small cruise ship with shops, restaurants, moves, and a spa. It was so comfortable and pleasant. I will never take a cheap airline again as long as the ferry runs.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This boat from Belfast to Scotland was a good experience. It was very relaxing and with good food. The price for 2 hours and 15 minutes is a bit stiff, with £62 for to persons one way. There is cinema and even a SPA on board. What more can you expect? A waiting bus took us from the boat and to Glasgow.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Comfortable and smoother than HSS although I was on a coach and the loader made a rude gesture to the driver which I thought was unproffesnial
ll