“Regular customer”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I work nearby to Madison's so it's a regular choice for me if I'm meeting up with friends / boyfriend on my lunch break.

I find the lunch service always to be very quick, obviously the staff know people are in a rush to get back to work at this time of day.

Madison's is very laid back and although the seating (some soft seats are dipping now and could do with replacement) is more bar than hotel, the quality of food soon makes up for that. The lunch deal is very good at your choice of main and soft drink or wine for £5.95.

A big bug bearer for me here is that as I do not drink fizzy drinks, I always ask for tap water and a dash of lime. I get charged for said dash of lime!! It really bothers me that people can get their glass of wine / beer / soft drink with this lunch deal, but not a dash of lime for me? I know I'm only being charged under 50pence but it's the principal and it doesn't seem fair.

This issue doesn't put me off however as the food in Madison's is very enjoyable indeed and it's very handy to my work place.

I have also had dinner here with the girls a couple of times after work. 2 courses for £10 is a fab deal and the quality of food doesn't change. The cocktails are fab, especially when it's happy hour or discounted till a certain time, then it's a very affordable evening out!!

Madison's is great but please look into your silly charge for a dash of cordial.

tina c, Manager at Madison's Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2014

Hi

Thank you so much for leaving us some thoughts :) I am glad you enjoy our food and hope you will come and see us this month to try our new express lunch menu, with some lovely new offers

On the issue with the cordial - I totally agree and thank you for mentioning it, it makes so much sense.
On the furniture - we have just completed some renovations by replacing the entire floor and seating in the bar. The restaurant seating will be replaced with something pretty and comfortable this month. I hope if you are in for Lunch, Happy Hour or Dinner sometime soon that you like what we have done.

Thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate having your feedback to work on and it really helps to have some constructive and genuine comments to help us improve

Kindest Regards

Tina

There are newer reviews for Madison's Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year one night in March and again on 28th June and had a fantastic experience both times. This hotel is great value for money with very friendly helpful staff and the location is ideal. In June we were there for a hen party and took a package that included cocktail making, this was very well organised and the two barmen were great. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped in the afternoon for a quick beer and found the bar to be grody, with yucky tables, broken seating, and a menu that stuck together when you tried to open it. Supremely unappealing.

Hi
I am so sorry that we disappointed you on your visit :(

It sounds like we really have fallen short of our usual standard. We pride ourselves on having 5* for Scores On The Doors in regards to our food hygiene rating and I am so disappointed that our standard was not right when you were here.

I am not sure if it was too busy, and we couldn't keep up or if there was another reason. Please be assured that I will find out what went wrong and fix the issue immediately. On the issue with broken furniture we have just had some renovations completed, including seating and flooring through out the bar area.

I would be delighted if you decided to visit us again and give us a second chance and if so, please let me know. I hope next time you will find everything to be in great condition and very well looked after.

Kindest Regards

Tina

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Dinner here was amazing and really good value at £10 for two courses. Breakfast was also really good, and the service was excellent. The cocktails tasted amazing. The one downfall was that both dinner and breakfast were really slow and we were waiting a long time, but the service and quality more than made up for it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Excdllent food for pre theatre menu.Breakfast food wasn't the grestest..however the service more than made up for it.