“Love this pllace!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Love this pllace!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently visited on saturday past this is a great restaurant to go out with friends or partner maybe not the kids but heyhoo they cant go everywhere.Food is always very flavorsome and fresh.Staff are very attentive some times could be a bit more smiley and efficient all seem bit
to cool for school but generally very good.I would only be picking if i went on about the above,anyways i would definitely recommend keep up the good work guys.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Amazing place, amazing food can't wait to return”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't wait to try Il Pirata and I wasn't disappointed now I can't wait to go back. The restaurant itself is cool and quirky and very relaxed and informal. The menu is amazing you can tell such a lot of time, thought and effort goes into it's planning and there are beautiful and clever flavour combinations on there. The husband and I went for lunch on a Saturday we shared 3 small plates for starters, Parmesan chicken strips, bruschetta with mozzarella tomato and basil and a pork slider. For mains I had sea bream with scallops and gnocchi ,hubby had chicken parmigiana both were absolutely fantastic and beautifully presented on vintage plates. The service was friendly un intrusive and very quick.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough keep up the good work will be back soon :-)

Visited October 2013
“Different chef?”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed our first visit here so much we thought we would make a return visit. The food wasn't just as good which makes me suspect that there was a different chef working. The service also was poor with an extremely long wait between finishing our main courses and getting the bill. We had toyed with getting desserts but the long wait meant that we were just ready to go when someone did eventually come near us. A different experience this visit wouldn't put us off returning but it won't be for a good few months.

• Visited September 2013
London
“Yum!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

loved the industrial décor and atmosphere but above all am still thinking of that duck and gnocchi ragu... I wish it were in London!

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went for lunch at il pirata last week after hearing mixed feedback from friends. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Service wasn't busy, perhaps only 5 or 6 tables in. Both meals were nothing special, the pasta which they pride themselves on was quite "Clacky" and wet. I had duck ragu, the duck was overcooked and bereft of seasoning, my partner had a tortellini that was supposed to be with a pinenut butter, it was really just garlic-water. Wouldn't rush back.

1 Thank Scott K