“"West",Should be re-named "Best"”

West Gourmet Sandwich Bar
Ranked #79 of 1,051 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“"West",Should be re-named "Best"”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Were do I start with the Superlatives to give a true reflection of how good this place is! The Best compliment i can give "West" is that i keep going back and cant stop telling people about this wonderful eatery. I have tried just about everything on the extensive menu, from the "Monster" club sarnie which is fantastic and hands down the best ive ever had, to my current favourite the Buffalo Chicken Wrap. Everthing on the menu is Grade A. from the fresh bread sandwichs with a wide range of top quality fillings to Soups and fry up's. "West" has something for everyone. But dont take my word for it go along and try it yourself you wont be disappointed. The service is fantastic and the staff are friendly and attentive. The staff also have an eye for detail, for example when you order chips they bring the vinegar which means you dont have to ask. this is a great touch!

“Always great”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Eat here regularly and it is consistently great. Fresh, good quality food and very efficient service especially since the 2nd premises has opened. Worth a visit!

Belfast
“Best Sandwich in Belfast topped with warm friendly service with a smile”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have reviewed this place before but having now become a regular at lunchtime I thought I would review again. This is the best Sandwich you will find anywhere in belfast and possibly even further afield. The place is always packed and be prepared to queue at lunchtime but its well worth the wait. The choices of sandwich are amazing and while I haven't tried one the salads they look awesome as you can see them being made up. Take note everywhere else the staff in here really don't just throw ingredients into some bread and there you go. They put so much into making your sandwich and the salads, more so than I have ever seen anywhere.
Put simply they get everything right, awesome food, fantastic staff who are so friendly and great price. Always my first choice at lunchtime now. World Class

1 Thank Paul G
belfast
“Brilliant spot”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

It was a while since I've been in but due to computer glitch I haven't been online... Thank god for apps!!
However my sisters and myself called in on a Friday afternoon.
Place was buzzing we eventually got a seat but the food was worth the wait.
I had a burrito, one sister has chicken gougans and the other opted for a sandwiche.
They say you get what you pay for, in the case of the west they could charge more for the quality and quantity of their food (though I obviously hope they don't!).
Service was great from young dark haired girl, she checked in us and brought more hot water for my sisters coffee. Even though it was buzzing we felt very accommodated.
Wish I worked close by!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mecca_nb
“Must try the fry!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Well worth waiting for a table at busy times!! (Small & very popular but usually turn tables quite quickly) Always enjoy a breakfast here!!

• Visited May 2013