“glorious food”

Swantons Gourmet Foods
Ranked #401 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Cafe, British, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“glorious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

have had many a coffee decked in sunshine (lol) in front of this great place the food is amazing just wish they would serve a we glass of vino then I would visit a lot more often

Visited May 2013

“Great Breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Having been to Swanton's on the Lisburn Road on several other occasions, it has proved consistently a pleasant and enjoyable experience. The breakfasts are delicious - and I have to say their "fry-up" is a very healhy one - with poached eggs and everything grilled - yum! Also great selection of scones and other tasty bites. Well presented deli counter too. Well done Swantons - keep up the high standard. Would definitely recommend, but would also like to keep it secret....

• Visited May 2013
DebbieN_Ireland, Owner at Swantons Gourmet Foods, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for your lovely review. We agree are breakfasts are the best!! Guilt free too :) so spread the word and keep coming to Swantons for your healthy "fry up"
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best for breakfast in Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My sister, nieces and I have breakfast here most Saturday mornings. We have tried many other places in Belfast but keep coming back here as nowhere else provides the consistent high standard of Swantons. Coffee excellent, food beautifully presented and delicious.

See you Saturday morning!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank helers_8
Belfast
“A wee bit disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I hadn't visited Swantons in quite a while and it is the place I love to go on the Lisburn Road - either with my husband, mum or girlfriends - it is a treat! However, when I visited last week I was so disappointed. The food was not bad - it was fine - but my expectations were high as my previous experiences had been fantastic!

I had a smoked duck salad sandwich and my husband had the smoked duck salad and whilst the salad had plenty of duck, the method of preparation (extremely fine slices smoked and fried in a pan) made it taste more like bacon than duck... I suppose it was "smoked duck" but it wasn't what I was expecting! You used to get a lovely, tasty dressed side salad with sandwiches, but now it is not much more than plain lettuce leaves, tomato and a token olive on top.

We had coffee and a tray bake (caramel square) afterwards. The coffee was lovely and the traybake was fine, but ruined by either a cheap chocolate flavoured topping/cooking chocolate/icing (not sure which, but definately not proper good quality chocolate!)

Bill for salad, sandwich, coffee and tray bake was £25... Overpriced for what we got given it was very average. We could have had a proper lunch for that or gone to Doorsteps and got something similar for half the price!

Not sure whether I would go back as I think their high standards have slipped and they may have lost their edge although the prices are still the same!

1 Thank LandSNI
“Fantastic food great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had lunch recently great food, friendly staff an pleasent atmosphere. Will definately be back an recommending to friends :)