“Best B&B in Belfast! :)”
Review of Evelyn's B&B

Evelyn's B&B
Evelyn's B&B
Ranked #20 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My friend & I stayed at Evelyn's for two nights, we wish we could have stayed longer. Lynn is so friendly and accomodating - and she's an amazing cook! We loved our breakfasts! :) The House is gorgeous with original victorian touches through-out. The bathroom is amazing, you feel like 1800's royalty in clawfoot tub/shower. Might be the best hot shower I've ever had. Our room had the most beautiful iron bed frame, and was so comfortable we didn't want to leave. I definitley recommend staying in the room at the top of the house - but they're all beautiful. We fell in love with her dog, Kerry - I wanted to take her with me when we left. We fell in love with Lynn & Kerry and look forward to visiting again when we're in NI.

It's an easy 15 min walk to the centre of Belfast, where you can hop a tour bus to the Antrim Coast or just walk around the City. We took the Black Car Tour of the political murals, etc and it was wonderful. Belfast is rich with history and friendly, cool people. We were also impressed with how good the food was! We loved every restaurant we stopped at - but by far - The Coop on Hill Street in Belfast Centre was the best!

When in Belfast - definitely stay at Evelyn's!

Room Tip: Make sure when driving there that you pay attention to the street names, Wellington Park is the name...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Regan C

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Loved staying here and felt like a house guest, not a tourist. I had the attic room -- high ceilings, windows, clean and fresh, and absolutely quiet. Lots of stairs, but Lynn hauled my suitcase up to the top for me. Great Victorian shower with modern water pressure. A charming period home in a terrifically convenient setting for Queens University, the Ulster Museum, buses, and Victorian South Belfast. Just a short walk to the city center. I stayed here before attending an Ulster Historical Foundation workshop, and hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank zenthyme
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lynn is a super host and most friendly. My room was in the attic and was very clean and spacious. It is a shared bathroom but don't let that put you off as it is original and quirky and spotlessly clean and as there are so few rooms the sharing really isn't an issue. It is in a great location and Kerry the wee dog will give you a warm welcome. No real choice for breakfast but my chive omelette was made literally in front of me and was delicious

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's not often we mention a B&B as one of the highlights of a holiday, and especially this latest enervating holiday that took in islands (Tory and Rathlin), puffins and seals, you name it. But there it is - beautiful house, welcoming host (you felt you were staying with friends, not at a B&B), and a lovely little dog, Kerry, who wore a green bandana when going out, which made her eeven more cute! Thoroughly recommended.

John & Dee

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tanzania2009186361
Reviewed May 29, 2013

An unusual B and B with no en-suites and no kettles in the rooms, so lots of pluses and minuses, depending what you're after. As other comments say, there is a small dog. It is a gorgeous and authentic Victorian house with lovely pictures on the walls, and its own amazing heavy brass showerbath, the oldest I have ever seen, which functions perfectly in spite of its antiquity. The whole place is a treat for lovers of vintage comfort. The front room bed was fine, and I deeply approve of the beautiful white cotton bedclothes and the way there is no stupid sheet between you and the excellent duvet. Breakfast was an omelette, which suited me. Fry-ups did not seem to be on offer. Evelyn also provided an early breakfast tray for anyone needing a very early start. The terrace is a gem and the location is handy for Queens' University, Botanic Gardens, the Ulster Museum, and is in walking distance of the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grainnemhaol
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Evelyn's B&B while visiting a family member who is studying at Queen's University. The B&B is in a convenient location to Queen's University and within walking distance (15-20 minute walk) of the city centre. Our taxi driver had some difficulty finding the B&B at first, but it wasn't a big problem. The B&B itself is lovely - beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I had been a little nervous about sharing a bathroom but it wasn't a problem at all; we stayed in the green bedroom, and the bathroom and toilet were just a few steps down the hall. Lynn was a kind and gracious host; she was very friendly and welcoming, and the breakfasts were delicious. We enjoyed meeting her cute little dog, too! It was a neat experience and felt like we were staying in the home of a friend. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would gladly recommend Evelyn's B&B to anyone visiting Belfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the green bedroom which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ceejay4242
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I travelled to NI with my teenaged daughter. We arrived to a warm welcome and shown to our lovely warm, comfortable room. It was beautifully furnished, clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom facilities were equally charming. The owner could not have made us more welcome. The breakfast was superb. The accommodation is very well place for the University. Wholly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family