4th Wall Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had only a choice of one dish to eat for a midday snack but it was so good we ordered two helpings of it!! The platter to share was absolutely delicious and the service was friendly and helpful but not overbearing. Excellent experience!

Lisa K, Manager at 4th Wall Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Suzie

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had the pre theatre menu, excellent value. Pea risotto starter was particularly good. Couldn't fault the food or friendly service. Worth a visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived at a busy restaurant on Friday evening and having declared an interest in the £50 menu for 2 on booking, it was presented to us on arrival. I had compared the a la carte menu to this one before booking and decided that since my friend and I both liked fish that there was something inviting we could order from the starter and main course options...that was until I saw the scallop starter - not on our menu - swinging by our table to an other guest while my friend was presented with a very meagre smoked mackerel starter with gooseberry purée - too tarte and not very iinteresting! My soup however was tasty, the wheaten bread, not too sweet , lovely but no butter which I got eventually when I flagged a passing waitress. One hour later having exhausted our holiday escapades and drank most of our bottle of wine we wondered where our main course had gotten to. Once again flagged down a passing waitress who then had a brief conversation with another and 15 mins later we eventually got our main course of hake with crab dumplings chorizo and seafood broth, side order of fries and green beans and an apology with the promise of a free cocktail. I have to say was lovely, hake cooked perfectly, broth seasoned well and very tasty with little morsels of chorizo adding a zingy twist to the flavour. Fries well cooked and green beans crunchy, dumplings a little stodgy but still tasty a good main which we both enjoyed. The dessert arrived very promptly making up for the late main, 2 lemon possets with fresh mint, refreshing...yes, tasty...yes but not overly exciting, but it was our choice so can't complain. We then had our promised free cocktails to finish. We left happy but it was a little tainted by the mackerel starter and then the long delay on our main course. I would return as the staff were very pleasant and the atmosphere was good, and the £50 menu was good value but could be improved with better options on the starter courses. A nice evening but I wouldn't be rushing back!

1  Thank Deirdre C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went for a meal with my wife on a sunny Tuesday evening. Had compared a few menu's on offer the night before for some of the restaurants in St.Ann's square. Decided to opt for the 4th Wall because they offered a three course meal including a bottle of wine.
Sat outside. Received a warm welcome & were given the menu's. A la carte & wine list only!
I had to ask if they had a three course meal with a bottle of house wine for £50?! Oh yes of course!!
Why not give 'all' the menu options?! You can pick from the main menu, extra for the scallop starter & the steak on the main. Ok, thank you!
My wife started with goats cheese & I had the quail. My wife said it was the best goat's cheese starter that she'd had in ten years, the quail was also very good. For our main she had confit of duck served on risotto, I had the rack of lamb - a bit disappointed with three cutlets. The duck & risotto was very good. Desert was good, mrs had apple tart & i choose the chocolate tart.
Included a nice Tempranillo.
When I asked for the bill, the deserts were added as extra & removed immediately when brought to their attention.
Will go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious, all fresh and obviously made with very good ingredients. The only downside was the service. As whilst the staff were friendly, two out of the three presented as inexperienced, resulting in a lack of organisation. Subsequently there was unecessary waiting and being asked the same questions by different staff.

However the food and friendly atmosphere compensated for the lack of skilled service.

Furthermore there is no vegetarian option displayed outside the restaurant, however they are available when requested.