“Becoming boring”

Common Grounds
Ranked #12 of 82 Coffee & Tea in Belfast
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Non for profit cafe and community hub based in the Holylands area of South Belfast. We serve award winning Fairtrade coffee, hearty lunches, daily soups, stews and curries along with delicious deserts. Cinnamon Scones are renowned locally while our Yumm Bowl and Mexican Burrito are hugely popular. We offer many home made and locally sourced products, along with a wide and varied range of vegetarian options. Trading ethical is a cornerstone of what we do, while all our profits are given away to support humanitarian projects that affect us globally.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Becoming boring”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I use to love this cafe and have been going for years, I have to say I'm getting bored with it, and think it needs to update its menu. It's same old thing then a couple of specials when they're available, coffee is good and the whole feel is lovely and relaxing, but come on guys get your fingers out and tantalise us with some new and exciting dishes please!

• Visited July 2013
CommonGroundsCafe, Manager at Common Grounds, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback. We've just updated our menu (it was a little bit overdue) and we're really happy with loads of our new options, breads, desserts and coffees. Hope you get down to try them out soon, try the falafel burger and gooey caramel & oat slice, my personal favourites!

Ireland
“Consistently good”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Living locally I've been eating & drinking in Common Grounds for almost a year now but have never got around to writing a review. When I visited today with friends who were in Belfast today I realised just how good it is. The five of us - three adults, a one year old and an eight year old - were as tired and disorganised as you'd expect such a contingent to be after a day rambling around Belfast. But we got seated, got great service and fantastic food and immediately felt at home, welcome and were suitable refreshed for the next leg of our day. Common Grounds never fails to disappoint!

• Visited July 2013
Whitehead,Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Good solid food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I first took my son there after I moved him into his student house just along the street. It was early in the morning and we were both hungry by then so we ordered the full irish breakfast -delicious everything and tomato ketchup as well. The coffee was hot and delicious. There are also paintings on display on the walls. A great place to go for good solid food and we have been back a few times.

• Visited April 2013
Belfast
“I love Common Grounds!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a fantastic wee place. All of the profits donated to NGO's as well! I have to say, I'm sorry this place wasn't around when I was a student because I'd have been in here every day! I met a friend here for a bite to eat. I ordered the potato pancakes with creme fraiche and chili. It was absolutely delicious, with just the right amount of salad and great value for money. A lovely varied menu that makes a change from the usual panini's you'd get on botanic avenue coffee shops. The place is quirky and charming, staff are extremely friendly and efficient, and service is prompt despite it being quite busy. There was also some sort of open meeting on, where people can mingle and get to know eachother (great for a person who's just moved to Belfast!). The place to be in Queen's Quarter.

• Visited May 2013
Sounds like you came during Belfast Friendship Club. It's held every Thursday evening in the cafe for absolutely anyone to come and get to know new people in a relaxed atmosphere. You won't find friendlier people in Belfast!
“Ethically sound coffee”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This coffee shop is one of my favorite coffee shops that i have ever been to. I love the ethos behind having a coffee here, and the support that it gives the local community. As a Social scientist, i have yet to see such a promising project that benefits both the 'donor' and the recipient. The staff could not do enough for me during my multiple visits here. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's a must see if you are in the area, or if you are me, you can come from further afield purely to experience this amazing place.

• Visited May 2013