“Tasty!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The Bar + Grill is a stylish and lively restaurant in Belfast serving an extensive menu for all day dining. We are renowned for our steaks which are cooked on a charcoal grill which give the meat unique taste and texture and we have an extensive menu of fresh fish daily running alongside our home comfort specials of fresh pasta, fish pie and brunch at the weekends, as well as a Roast on a Sunday. We have a carefully selected list of wines from the world, as well as cool cocktails and local craft beers. We are located minutes walk away from the Europa Hotel, The Crown Bar and the City Hall. Our other restaurants include James Street South, Hadskis and Cast & Crew.
UK
“Tasty!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you're looking for a good but relatively informal lunch in Belfast, I would recommend here. Try the extremely tasty crab and chive salad, or the top-notch Caesar Salad, and finish off with the light but delicious Praline Affogato with Amaretto. The service is attentive, friendly, and discreet.

I shall return!

• Visited October 2013
ManagerBelfast, Manager at The Bar + Grill, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Jack_pudding,
Thank you so much for your recommendation. We are really pleased that you enjoyed dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Co Down
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have eaten in the restaurant several times and always excellent. Restaurant was closed on a wet Monday lunch (for building work) and went to the Bar + Grill. Was expecting something more down market but everything was to the same high standard as restaurant. Both of us had soup for starters with great bread. I had venison pie which was very good and my colleague had fish pie which wax very good. Service very good.

Dear northernercodown,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am really pleased that you both enjoyed your lunch and I look forward to welcoming you both back soon!
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious dinner here on Sunday, Oct 13. Menu had wonderful choices for our different palates. Caesar salad featured the smallest and least oily sardines I have ever come across. Risotto with wild mushrooms was fabulous. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
Dear michelevaca,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Regards,
UK
“Poor for disabled”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food was fine, service was great but the night was let down by the fact that the toilets are very small therefore anyone in a wheel chair has to go upstairs?!! Did no one think this might be an issue ? There is a lift but asking disabled people to head up to an unoccupied floor ( and be escorted) is unacceptable.

• Visited September 2013
ManagerBelfast, Manager at The Bar + Grill, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Matilda123'
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and I apologise that your evening was ruined by the inconvenience of having to use the lift.
The reason why the accessible facilities are located on the first floor is so they may service our private dining room on the first floor and our cookery school on the second floor, ensuring we have wheelchair access throughout the building.
I apologise that you find this unacceptable.
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Start and I haven't Even Been Yet”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I are booked for 6pm tonight in James Street South Bar And Grill. I've just had a call to confirm our booking. Great, I thought, that's really good service....then it went wrong! I was told that they would need our table back by 8 o'clock. Awful!! This really get's my goat, that restaurants are happy to have you in but don't want you to relax and stay on. Now I have a really bad taste about going at all, even though I have to be at the Waterfront Hall for 8 o'clock anyway. Think I will boycott any restaurant from now on that utters those awful words.."we'll need the table back by..." Horrendous!

1 Thank BrianBT2
Dear BrianBt2,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that you disagree with our 2 hour time allocation on our early tables. Just like any other restaurant I have ever been to we allocate 2 hours for our early tables. In our experience 2 hours is ample time to have 3 courses and tea/ coffee without feeling rushed. This allows us to resell the table at a later time and allows us to remain open as a functioning business.
People that do book an early table are inevitably going on somewhere else, like yourself, so it has never been a problem in the 2 years we have been open. Anyone booking a later table will then be able to keep the table for the remainder of the evening.
I hope you went on to enjoy your evening at the Waterfront hall.