“Great breakfast but rock hard beds”

Crowne Plaza Belfast
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stayed here one Sunday night with my husband and 11 year old son and had requested a family room. The room was a good size but it held two queen size beds which were too small for my husband and I to sleep together so I shared with my son. The beds were rock hard so none of us got any sleep that night. The restaurant was closed so we ate in the grill bar. It was very crowded, the tables were not cleared of dirty plates etc., and the counter at the bar was filthy. The staff were run off their feet and apparently this is a common problem on a Sunday night because they don't open the restaurant. The breakfast was very good and the rest of the hotel looked ok.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Edith56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,664)

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed here with extended family for a one nite stay. Disappointing room with a v iew of a utility area. Although we had booked a double room it only had 2 large single beds in it. When we asked to be moved to a room with a double bed we were told that they were actually double beds! No way that two adults would be remotely comfortable in them. Would not stay here again for that reason alone. The hotel itself is not near any nitelife etc and you would need a taxi to get into belfast city centre. We ate in the restaurant on first floor which was average hotel food. The pool closes at 6pm at weekends.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I arrived late but they kept room for me after my telephone call ahead. A Great Irish welcome! The Reception staff were very friendly and nothing seemed like a problem to the guys & girls here. The bedroom and bathroom were modern, tidy and clean!

Flat screen TV (but internet access only in foyer), Tea, coffee making facilities were fine. The shower/bath was very good. Usual mix of toiletries etc. Breakfast the next morning was a buffet affair but the quality and presentation was 1st rate. Better than some hotels that I have stayed before in Belfast!

No problem recommending this hotel to the traveller or holiday maker.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimbo-Jambini
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Booked a family room, 2 adults, 7 year old child and baby. When we got there I thought we had been given the wrong room as we had what looked like 2 slightly large single beds and no cot. I phoned reception who told us they were in fact 2 double beds (coulda fooled me!) and that the cot was on it's way. My older child had one of the beds while myself and my other half cosied up in the other bed which was tiny compared to the quite standard double bed that we have at home <3
The meal in the restaurant was one of the best I've ever had. Despite the mainly adult clientele the staff we very child friendly. I would go back to this hotel for the restaurant alone it was fabulous and reasonably priced for the standard provided. Similarly the breakfast in the morning, all you can eat and it was excellent.
I would recommend this hotel but the dubious sizing of the beds would put me off

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Booked a family room in this hotel which was described as having two queen beds - in fact the beds were smaller than standard double beds! We had to get a fold out bed for one of the children. Everything else was ok but when my credit card came in last week I discovered I was charged one nights accommodation for not showing up!!!!!! I rang last week and was told that I would have to wait until today so they could check with their computers whether I was there or not!!! After 5 phonecalls I eventually got speaking with the General Manager who informed me I would be refunded - so I will have to wait until next month to see if that happens or not. I would never set foot in this hotel again - if you cannot trust these places with your credit card then its not worth it. In fact I am returning to Belfast next month and will have to find an alternative to this untrustworthy hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DonegalGem
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Efficient and well run. A little surprised to have to deposit £50 more than the room rate to cover meals and drinks we might take. Stayed two separate nights, and had no real minuses, but in both rooms the bath plug didn't work properly, and had to be removed with a spoon. Suggests that supervision isn't quite what it should be.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DevizesPensioner
Reviewed September 7, 2009

As a family we decided to have the sunday carvery at £15.95,. The surroundings and food were lovely, as much as you wanted and very well prestended. Even 3 selections of FTER DINNER MINTS ,and shortbread. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family