“Comfortable, clean, friendly hotel...”

Crowne Plaza Belfast
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Comfortable, clean, friendly hotel...”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Overnight stay with the family, lovely welcome, only downfall was service @dinnertime, had a 40 min wait between courses due to a mix up! Not good with 2 hungry kids!! And then tried to charge us 4 meals upon checkout which was included in price!! But the receptionist sorted this with ease! Would stay there again though!

• Stayed May 2014
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Martina

Thank you for posting your review during your recent stay with us at The Ramada Plaza. We appreciate your feedback and must apologize for the delay in service you encountered at this time and certainly understand the annoyance that this would have especially with kids. However we do hope you found your stay to be comfortable and enjoyable and its great to know you would choose to stay with us again. We look forward to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza Belfast assuring you of our best of attention at all time.

Geraldine McLarnon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What a fantastic venue for a group to stay. I had a group of 69 consisting of Adults and 37 11 year olds. From the 3 different administrators who helped me with the logistics for the group to the hotel staff working during our stay I couldn't fault anything. The service, pleasantness and efficiency of the staff made my job very easy. The bedrooms were all really comfortable and very clean and the food was exceptional. All the adults were very complimentary and the boys had a ball. Finally, the children thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool and a big thank you to the staff of the pool for putting up with 37 11 year olds invading the place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hammond

Thank you for bringing your Rugby Group to stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. We are delighed to hear you found our hotel to be a fantastic venue for your group. We are trilled that they had a ball and enjoyed the facilites and leisure swimming pool and our accommodation suitable for your needs. Our team are always at hand to provide a excellent and professional service and are pleased that you found our food to be exceptional thank you so much. We do hope to welcome you and your team for another visit to The Ramada Plaza in the future.

kind Regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Organised a Dinner/Awards ceremony for 230 guests and staff could not have been more helpful. The food was excellent and the service even more impressive. We had two vegetarians at our table and their dinner was served barely 20 seconds after the rest of the table. Bar remained open until 3am and all the guests gave favourable comments. Locally sourced food was more than ample. Definitely a policy of more rather than less. My wife and I stayed in the hotel, in a suite, with a comfortable king size four-poster bed. This was our second year using this hotel and would have no hesitation in returning for a third. It may not be a city centre hotel but they certainly go the extra mile to make sure it is worth your while.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting your review reference your event, ( Awards Dinner) recently at The Ramada Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to hear your wonderful comments and are pleased that you and all your guests attending had a fantastic night. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for holding your awards dinner with us for another year running and its great that you would have no hesitation on returning again. We are glad that our team makes the difference to that special evening and is always at hand to ensure that you have that enjoyable experience.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is located a good bit outside Belfast and not something to consider if you don't have a car.

This was part of my birthday weekend and on arrival we had to wait about 30 minutes for our room as it was not yet ready, however my parents got checked in straight away. When we did get our room, which was a suite, it smelled heavily of tobacco smoke. Even though these rooms were non smoking I could not have stayed there, as a non smoker the smell makes me ill. We mentioned this to check-in desk and got a new room organised. This room was smaller, was not a suite which we had paid for, but there was no reduction in rate which I was not happy about. Complimentary breakfast was offered but that's not what I wanted, as our breakfast next morning was already organised in Belfast.

The room was comfortable, with a good size bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities, LCD TV and window which opens a decent amount. The Air Conditioning was not functioning, just blowing hot air even when set to cool.
Checkout was fast and efficient but overall an average stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShaneMcDonald
Dear shane

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ramada Plaza during your recent visit to Belfast.
We are disappointed that you encountered a few issues from arrival with your room that was not to your pleasing. Our team is always at hand to assist and to make everything for guests as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We apologize on this occassion that you had to move from your suite at this time to another standard room but do hope this was not to much a inconvenience. We sincerely hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza and would like you to directly contact us so we can ensure we can offer a upgrade on your next stay. Assuring you of our best attention at all time.

Geraldine Mclarnon
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Enjoyed our stay, breakfast and dinner were lovely.
Two issues:
- school children on the second night meant no sleep, despite calling to reception to do something about it.
-more worrying, our room was left unlocked by the cleaning staff.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank smurfiex
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us at The Ramada Plaza. Your comments are very important to us and are pleased you enjoyed the facilities we have within the hotel. Thank you on the lovely compliments on our food and service, our team is always happy to hear that you enjoyed the nice quality of food we serve in our restaurants. We apologize for any disturbance you may of had with noise and hope it was dealt with quite quickly and resolved. We also appreciate your concern on your room being unlocked and will investigate this further, was it on return to the room later or when staff was servicing the room but will follow this up. However we sincerely hope you had a fantastic stay and hope to see you back for another stay in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Travelled over to Belfast to do a report for the newspaper I work for decided to take my young daughter and wife. Parked at front door to carry my bags and sleeping child and was told to move several times''so we can get a wedding car in'' by a cheeky hotel worker when I did move the car I was carrying my daughter from car park and bags couldn't get in front door due to wedding party posing for photos shocking arrangement no other door to access. Headed out for the day to do my report. Returned at 11pm internet in room not working and people arguing in corridor throughout the night I assume from the wedding party. Complained in the morning on check out and was told '' eh I can get a manager if there's one available if you want to wait around '' I left feeling unimportant and as if I was not a paying customer. Not the level of service I expect from a 4 star hotel. I travel regularly and stay in hotels and have had better service in budget hotels. Had I known the hotel was more interested in functions than guests I would have stayed elsewhere maybe it's something they should add to their website.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank James_journel
Dear James

Thank you for writing your review during your recent stay with us at The Ramada Plaza. Your comments are very important to us and take all on board you have mentioned. We are disappointed to learn that you where not happy with the level of service you received on your arrival to the hotel. With further to this we believe that our wedding Bride & Groom was just arriving to the front entrance at this time which the wedding cars leave them off at this point, we are sorry if this give you a poor first impression on arrival at this time as most guest do use our car park and then do check in to the hotel. The Ramada Plaza always strive in looking after all our guests during there stay to make it most enjoyable experience, we apologize for any other inconvenience that you may of had during this time but would like to assure you that our team is always at hand to assist with any problems that you may have encountered. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion where you can experience our normal level of high standards that we like to deliver to our guests.

Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here with my family for 2 nights the week before Easter. Having stayed in a few hotels in Belfast I can honestly say this hotel probably doesn't get the recognition it deserves in comparison to others. On arrival check in was quick and efficient and the reception staff were very friendly. Our room was on the ground floor facing onto a car park, which briefly worried me as a previous reviewer said their room facing the car park was too noisy. Luckily we didn't have this problem and didn't hear so much as a car engine throughout our stay. Rooms were spotlessly clean and had everything you would expect - freeview tv, tea/coffee, hairdryer and unexpected mini fridge, which wasn't great but at least delayed the milk going off overnight to get a decent cup of coffee the next morning!
The main reason we chose this hotel was for the swimming pool and we weren't disappointed. There are some restrictions on times children can swim, which I have never experienced before (and I didnt see online prior to booking this hotel) but to be fair it was only for 2 hours around lunchtime. As the pool is part of a gym I can imagine it gets quite busy around peak times however there was never more than 3 other people when we were in it.
I didn't eat in the restaurant or the bar but the standard of the breakfast, served in 'The Green Room' restaurant was excellent. Obviously the location of the hotel is slightly outside the city centre but we took a double decker bus into town which my 3 year old son absolutely loved!
For those travelling with children there is a children's playground in the Shaw's Bridge park area across the road.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren C
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review during your recent two night stay with us. We very much appreciate all your kind comments and are delighted that you found The Ramada Plaza Hotel a pleasant and enjoyable visit for you and your family. We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcome you back for another return visit in the future.